T-013 Kings and Aces

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks
JohnM
Site Admin

T-013 Kings & Aces

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Name: Kings & Aces

T-Number: T-13

Inventor:

Year:

PICTURES of T-13 Kings & Aces

VIDEO of T-13 Kings & Aces

T-13 Kings & Aces on PLANET TENYO

BluBob

T-013 Kings and Aces

Post by BluBob » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:03 am

Tenyo T-13 Kings and Aces

For a "packet" card effect, this is an amazing, and diabolical effect.

I would like to save my original, and do the trick with regular Bicycle cards.

Does anyone know if this trick is available in Bicycle?

I have a deck of 56 gimmicked cards which contains all but one of the cards. (a double faced card) They are not gimmicked exactly like the original Tenyo effect, but I can do that once I have all four necessary cards.

If you do not know (or forgot about) Tenyo T-13 then I suggest picking it up ... done properly, it's a fooler!

Best,
Bob~
and now, on with the show ...

Steve S.

Re: Tenyo T-13 Kings and Aces

Post by Steve S. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:09 pm

I thought it may be interesting to revive this posting and see what I (we) could learn about this card packet trick. I used to keep in touch with Fantasio from time to time but never thought to ask him about this effect and his involvement. I wish I had...
Here is what I do know about Kings and Aces. Please feel free to correct me on any of my points if I am in error.

1- it was originally released by Tenyo early on and came in a small envelope with a colorful design and had "Fantasio Presents" on the front.
2- it is still currently available in two different forms. One is in regular size cards in a Japanese only box set containing three card packet tricks. The other is also a Japanese only box set of three card packet tricks but the cards are larger (jumbo) size.
3- Nintendo had something to do with the original release or a parallel release many years ago. Anyone know just what that was?
4- the cards were a very dark blue or black back and the design was typical of the Tenyo back design used by them.

If anyone has anything to add or correct, please do! I am currently on a Kings and Aces kick and want to learn all I can about this excellent card packet trick.

Also, does anyone perform it? If so, any tips, etc. you can offer?

***Should this thread be moved to COLLECTING TENYO or to some other place"? If so, would John or a moderator please do so? Thanks!
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Steve S. wrote:
***Should this thread be moved to COLLECTING TENYO or to some other place"? If so, would John or a moderator please do so? Thanks!
Agreed and done :)

Great info btw, great trick too. I'll post my comments later.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:34 pm

I just looked it up in the big book and discovered that it was never released as a separate trick in Japan. Also, that Fantasio got the exclusive rights to sell it in the US. Nintendo is printed on the ace of spades in both the Fantasio US version and a Japanese version which came with Diminishing Cards in a small box. It was Nintendo who manufactured it which explains their name being printed on the card.

An interesting fact is that Deland invented the special cards over a hundred years ago.

The red box contains the jumbo cards and the green box contains the standard size cards. Both are still available!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: T-013 Kings and Aces

Post by JohnM » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:50 pm

I think I got this all fixed up for you guys.

Lots of tinkering to turn it into a Focus on Tenyo but it was a good refresher on how to modify/moderate posts and threads.

If you want something to be a Focus On Tenyo topic let me know by posting it here.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks John for combining everything here so everyone can see all of the Kings and Aces posts in one place.

I have seen only one other demo for this trick and the handling is a bit different. The one seen here has red back cards so is a newer release of this trick. It may be the one in the box set I posted here but won’t know that until I receive it in about a month from now. I also ordered the red box set with the larger cards which I expect to like better. When I receive them, I will see if I can figure everything out. I am expecting three packet tricks I am familiar with in the green box so there should be no problem. When I receive them, I will post my experience here. Perhaps John and/or others here on the forum already know what’s in these two box sets. I am assuming that they both contain two tricks the same and one different but don’t know that yet. I am expecting Three Card Monte, Kings and Aces, and one other. I think that the third one in the red box involves the use of a cell phone from looking at the back of the box. I think the green box set is older and does not have a cell phone related trick.

Anyway, I always liked card packet tricks of all kinds such as those by Emerson and West, the classic Twisting The Aces by Vernon, Tree of Hearts which is now Tree of Diamonds (which I carry around often), and others. Easy to carry and fun to perform!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Steve, I believe the Kings and Aces set with the red back produced by Marvins Magic. But could be wrong.

I have the Green Box set. It is a nice set consist of 3 packet tricks. The 1st is the 3 card monte, simple version. We show 3 cards and the spec takes the middle card and it changes. The 2nd trick is Arabian Cards. I believe both set came also in the old Tenyo Arabian Cards. The last trick is a Travelling Card effect. We show 5 cards and put it under a hank. We take 1 card and put on the table and vanish the other 4 cards in the hank and produce them from different pockets.

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 am

Hi Victor! Thank you very much for the info. So Kings and Aces is not in that green box set. Still sounds worthwhile especially at the low price it goes for and nice to have Arabian Cards!

Should be fun playing around with the contents of these two box sets. I am hoping that both the illustrations in the Japanese instructions combined with whatever knowledge I have will be enough to figure out how to perform all three tricks. I suspect that it will be...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Kings & Aces was also sold in the USA in one of the "Can be a Magician" magic sets.
Tenyo Set.jpg
I also have the jumbo version in the red box. The other effects it comes with is a 3 card Monte routine and a prediction effect. The cell phone is one way you can show your prediction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:23 am

Elliot W. wrote: I also have the jumbo version in the red box. The other effects it comes with is a 3 card Monte routine and a prediction effect. The cell phone is one way you can show your prediction.
Wow this is interesting. I never knew about the additional effects came with the set. I assume this red box set is still easily available at Japan however I rarely see it online. Hope to get this set someday. Thanks for sharing :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:32 am

Steve S. wrote:Hi Victor! Thank you very much for the info. So Kings and Aces is not in that green box set. Still sounds worthwhile especially at the low price it goes for and nice to have Arabian Cards!

Should be fun playing around with the contents of these two box sets. I am hoping that both the illustrations in the Japanese instructions combined with whatever knowledge I have will be enough to figure out how to perform all three tricks. I suspect that it will be...
Yes Steve. The difference that the set came with bridge size card not poker size. The Japanese instruction with lots of Illustration are easy enough to be understood comparing to English instruction.I used Google translate app with camera translation to help me to understand the confusing part ;)

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:03 am

i like this presentation: