About the FOCUS ON TENYOS Section

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks
JohnM
Site Admin

About the FOCUS ON TENYOS Section

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:40 am

This is an area where a member will name a Tenyo Magic Trick and then I will create a thread starting with a poll to rate the trick.

After the poll members will post anything they want related to the trick.

Routines, videos, pictures, links, pricing info, where to find it, anything you can think of or want.

About ever week or so a member will pick a new trick.

The poll will not be static so you can come back at any time and change your vote if your opinion changes.

I think it will be a good idea to assign different roles for certain types of data.

For instance, I will be responsible for posting pictures of: the trick; front and back of the packaging; variations.

I was thinking that Roberto could be in charge of posting the link to the best known video of the trick with the ones that he created taking precedent.

I will make the pictures and the video posts "sticky" so they are always at the top for quick reference.

If another member can think of an area they would like to be responsible for (like reviews) then please speak up.

So whoever would like to post here the first trick, we can get started.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: About the FOCUS ON TENYOS Section

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 pm

This is a great idea. Everything you need to know about a certain trick in one thread, this will make it very easy and SO helpfull. Ok, first is Animation Frame. About 250 - 300 to go. That's 4-5 years ... doable nonetheless :)

I will try to focus on routines and performance ideas. I don't think there's anything wrong copy-pasting (more or less) the best ideas from other fora and websites to this forum by the way :) Many suggestions have been made on TMC for example ... . I will look them up and post here.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:48 pm

If you wrote the info then I think it is OK to copy and paste. If you did not write it, then I think it is OK to copy and paste but then put the link to the thread where it came from. We should not be using any material from sites like the Tenyoworld, Tenyo Blog, Hey Presto, etc. without permission.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:34 am

I agree we should always provide links to information, the information we could use is often from 'hobbyists'-websites and there is no commercial value so we should be perfectly fine (especially we are mainly writing about 'ideas' or 'suggestions', not copyrighted material). For example information on my website is free to use, as is info on Davy's site - he does ask you to provide a link.
In theory however, you are right John. Info on the internet is not free to use if it is copyrighted ((c) on bottom of page/article/ ...).

However, I would like to ask people not to literally copy-paste chunks of text. I believe it is perfectly fine if you write something like: "on John Mazza's website (<link>) the suggestion is made that blabla blabla which I think is a great idea". It is ethical and absolutely harmless.

As a teacher I wrote a book and often found material in other, older books and of course on the internet that I could use. The legal officer (I don't know the word in English) of the publisher said I could use everything as long as I didn't use the exact same words and sentences and as long as I provided references when using pictures and data/numbers. The book I wrote does have commercial value so I believe the rules are more strict.

Anyway, I think we all are smart enough to know what can and can not be done ;)