T-230 Mystic Scope

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please rate T-230 Mystic Scope

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
18%
07 Very Good
36%
06 Pretty Good
18%
05 Good
18%
04 OK
9%
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 11

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-230 Mystic Scope

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Just one more question Simon, the reveal of the used kill method, I suppose you use équivoque?
Needless to say this looks awesome ... . But I actually have the same question as Rob. Or does it rely on the multiple out principle, which definately would be possible due to all the objects used?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm not sure what equivoque is?! there are multiple outs and each one is a very natural reveal, no suspicious moves and it all fits with the story. there is also other a second set of some of the items which allow you to be slightly more specific with your reveal.
Thank you for all the nice comments guys, if you have any more questions just ask, I might answer them if they don't require giving away too many secrets ;)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:19 pm

I just googled equivoque, both choices are completely free, there are 16 possible combinations if my maths is correct
Now you see me...

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:37 pm

Simon, just saw your video. Man, I was absolutely impressed with your attention to details. What a gift you have! I wished I had such a talent.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:30 pm

OK Simon, I believe I mixed up some terms, sorry for that! I really love this whole routine, and the attention for details, like Alex stated before! We can all learn from your way of rethinking existing magic (Tenyo) effects!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:38 pm

No no rob I learnt a new magical term this evening, thank you! I do use equivoque for voodoo puzzle (if I understand right equivoque is magicians choice?) I'm confusing myself now!
Thank you and thanks Alex :)
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:35 pm

SimonC wrote:Thank you very much. Brett you flicked a domino over asking if you can use your own cards in Mystic Scope!

Here is the video, what you see is one outcome performed on my wife. I asked her to make free choices and the end result came out as you see it. Needless to say there are 16 possible outcomes, all slightly different. I have also developed a second set of some of the items which will allow you to perform a slightly more specific revelation at the end which will be included with the set. But they will remain a secret ;)
I will also try and do a Hangout with John at some point to talk through the props in a little more detail.

So here is "The Silent Witness"
https://youtu.be/cFVcnC2lOf0

I will be making these to order and they will be £102 GBP which includes postage anywhere in this life and the next.
==============================================================
Yes, yeS, yEs, I'M IN!
You can ship it with the Voodoo "thingie" when ready ...
and now, on with the show ...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Yes, equivoque is another term for Magician's Choice. Max Maven has made a very good DVD entirely on this subject. It's easy to do badly. Certain words and gestures must be avoided. Attitude is everything. But it works very well when used properly.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:07 am

brilliant thanks bob :)
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:22 am

SUGGESTION USING EQUIVOQUE:

When arriving at the point where there are two cards left, (as in the video) one might say to the spectator "I am going to ask you to make a very important decision, please place your forefinger on one of the cards, and push it slightly forward."If it's the "hit" card, continue by saying "we will place that remaining card with the other two cards (the two which were already discarded) If it's not the "hit" card, say "this will be placed with the other tow cards and we will use that last remaining card in a very interesting, and unusual manner."

Almost everyone who uses EQUIVOQUE will develop an adaptation to fit their own personality. The "Magician's choice" (EQUIVOQUE) is an invaluable tool.
and now, on with the show ...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:18 pm

All right. I received this in a recent lot and proceeded to immediately sell it. Not my sort of trick I'd normally get.

Honestly, the method and everything that makes the magic happen is absolutely brilliant. Part of my issue is the amount of props you'd need to carry is a bit offsetting. I mean, yes, it comes with its own carrying case (it comes with more props than Impossible Pen). And I feel that the effect plays rather...small. Like t packs big and plays small, so to speak
It seems like it would be best suited for a party. But I think other Tenyo, such as The Third Eye, could do it better and play bigger too
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I did feel it was lacking a little something so I pimped it out for silent witness ;)
give your new tag BTW ;)
Now you see me...

JamesMA

Post by JamesMA » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:38 pm

I always thought this was a great apparatus which was rather wasted on a boring 'card find'
Simon's add on has seriously elevated this effect for me, to a thing of beauty.
It is now...«drum roll»...My Favorite Tenyo.
Kudos..

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:13 pm

A few weeks ago I decided to purchase this item (Silent Witness) from Simon, and today I finally had some time to put everything together and after some rehearsal I decided to take the plunge and perform for the most difficult audience in the world, being my beloved wife Emmy. The kind of person who really WANTS to figure tricks out, the kind of person who checks everything, and above all the kind of person who already knows so many principles used in magic that she is a tough one to amaze.

But, she was amazed!

This is a truly fantastic piece of add-on magic! So nicely made of course (that was her first remark) but also the routine that is close to impossible to figure out.

Eventually I showed her the workings and she was again baffled by the small details that go into the routine. and she insisted to try it out herself (on me ;) ). I let her and she did an amazing job. She put all sort of small thingy wingies into the routine that I never would have tought of. Needless to say we had a great time!

Thanks for this great trick Simon, this should be and become a collectible and I advice you not to make any more of them, unless for the members of this forum, but not for too long! ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:00 pm

Good evening all, I have one copy of Silent Witness available if anyone would like to snap it up. I had some time in the workshop last week so was able to make a few tricks.
If anyone is interested just drop me a PM :) here's a vid in case any new peeps haven't seen it yet :)
Now you see me...

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:50 pm

SimonC wrote:Good evening all, I have one copy of Silent Witness available if anyone would like to snap it up. I had some time in the workshop last week so was able to make a few tricks.
If anyone is interested just drop me a PM :) here's a vid in case any new peeps haven't seen it yet :)
I just returned from a longer than usual business trip, and my Silent Witness was patiently waiting for me. What a beautiful set of props, and a brilliant improvement upon the Mystic Scope. I am so inspired by it that I purchased a back-up "scope" just in case my original wears out.

Highly recommended!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:36 am

Thanks Evan! Really glad you like yours :)
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 am

Hi guys,
I am making 5 more silent witnesses this weekend, they'll be ready to ship by Monday.
One is already taken so 4 left.
If you're interested just drop me a PM :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:22 am

Silent Witness ...best add on for Tenyo ever if you ask me. Beautifully looking, engaging (and long!) routine, brilliant use of props and 'effects'.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:08 am

Wow thanks David!
It's a great story telling piece and when the spectator looks through the eye glass the second time it really sends a chill down their spine!
Now you see me...

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:54 am

I agree with David. I like mine so much that I purchased a second one as a backup, just in case. Beautifully made, and frankly it's so sturdy that I will probably never have to break out the second one.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:48 am

Wow I just now seen the video absolutely beautiful. I have to agree this is for sure the best Tenyo add on ever made. I don't even have Mystic Scope or ever looked at it. This is something special. The frames with a look that fit the era, the removable murder weapons, the little shelf to set them on under the pictures, and pictures themselves all give it the feeling of long ago. The wooden viewer especially looks excellent. The routine presented was engaging I was watching in wonder the whole time waiting to see what happens next. The ending was just surprising and amazing especially since I have never seen Mystic Scope before so didn't know what to expect. The superiorly produced video with dialog that adds to the mystery plus timing and the handling of the props made it a long routine. I would go as far to say this shouldn't even be considered an add on I think you should do what ever needed to market this a separate and completely new effect. I give it a rating from 1 to 10 a 1000 points! :)
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Wowza thanks richard! If I ever get off my area and make myself a website I'll be sure to copy all these fantastic (and very kind) reviews onto it!
SW is certainly one of my my most popular routines. It's my most complicated to make too, 47 different parts I think.
It's a proper spooky trick though, just right for Halloween!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:07 am

I have two remaining SW sets
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:33 am

And then there was one...