T-202 Prison Box

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-202 Prison Box

10 One of the Best
60%
09 Superior
35%
08 Excellent
5%
07 Very Good
No votes
06 Pretty Good
No votes
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 20

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

T-202 Prison Box

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:39 am

Name: Prison Box

T-Number: T-202

Inventor: Angelo Carbone

Year: 2001

JohnM
Site Admin

PICTURES of T-202 Prison Box

Post by JohnM » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:55 am

Roberto B.
Charter Member

VIDEO for T-202 Prison Box

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:55 am

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-202 Prison Box

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:55 am

In my opinion one of the best Tenyo's there is. It's self working and above all examinable to a degree. It's not hard to do, but you'll have to find the 'knack' to do it fluently.

Tricks with rings can be used for sevaral routines, for example in combination with Trap Box and/or Crystal Cleaver.

This is how I perform it (as a stand alone trick):
- let specatator examine the box and ring,
- let him put in ring,
- take box back and slide lid on, telling this is another way to make sure I won't take the ring out of the box,
- do the turnover under a handkerchief as a 'joke' - I deliberately make this 'joke-move' pretty long - building up the tention. I'm doing this 'joke' two or three times.
- I take the box back, cover it once more and I then do the 'move' while walking/talking to the spectator so no one thinks something has happened yet
- while doing this (it's important to move a bit with your arms, body ... remember 'bigger' moves cover the smaller ones) I tell the spectator the ring is in the upper (or lower) compartment and I have a bad 'magic day' - I then let the spectator do the 'joke' move ... the specatator did the trick! I take it back and slide the cover off. I give the ring out for inspection.

Here's a other routine on Tenyo's website not needing to cover up the box: http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/tips/ti ... l#Anchor01

Meridianfan on TMC suggested performing as a Houdini escape - ring is Houdini, box is jail. What would be great is a small Houdini figure that fits in the box with a hole going through his hands :)

Our John (Mazza) also made a nice routine using mini handkuffs, but I can't find nor remember more info on it, but John will explain I'm sure.

Another suggestion by myself and Angelo Carbone: do the move for 90% behind your back - no need to cover up the box.

On Angelo Carbone's website there is a routine by Steve Vil which uses three rings: one gold and two silver. See in the Tips and Routines section: http://www.tenyoworld.co.uk/

Do be carefull with some spectators as they can break the flexible parts (the 'guides'). If this would ever be made in an Elite version the first thing to do would be making the flexible parts non-flexible. If a tiny, thin piece of plastic is applied on the bottom of the flexible parts and a tiny 'gutter/groove' is cut out on the sides of the box/sliding part the flexible guides would not be able to move left to right .
Also, why not make the move spring-operated as Meridianfan on TMC suggested.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 am

About price and availability. While Prison Box is becoming harder to find because it has been discontinued for quite some time now (especially the English packaging version) do not be intimidated by the price this one sometimes sells for.
Prison Box has been available for years and years (unlike for example Mystery China Box which was discontinued quite rapidly) so a lot have been sold. There is a huge number of these tricks dormant. I would never pay more than 100 USD for one, and even 100 USD seems a bit on the high side in my opinion.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:55 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Our John (Mazza) also made a nice routine using mini handkuffs, but I can't find nor remember more info on it, but John will explain I'm sure.
Unfortunately the handcuffs were too big.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... start=30#0

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:11 pm

I have a Monkey Bar that uses the same method....is the Prison Box based on the Monkey Bar or the opposite?

Last edited by Roberto B. on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:20 pm

which came first, the monkey or the prison..?
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:18 pm

SimonC wrote:which came first, the monkey or the prison..?
The monkey definitely came first. Prison box is another form of similar effect and principal. But The monkey bar vs tenyo gorilla bar ? Which one came first ?:)

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:07 pm

I think the monkey bar came first.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:20 am

How i wish i've met the market price so i could have bought few more for my spare (sigh)
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 pm

I read on the other forum that it breaks easily? That's why I haven't gotten mine yet, because I tend to open all tenyos and play with it

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Siusiuc wrote:I read on the other forum that it breaks easily? That's why I haven't gotten mine yet, because I tend to open all tenyos and play with it
Prison Box is fragile around the rails on the top but it is not prone to break like Wonder Window or Mirage.

So I recommend getting one ASAP as they are getting more and more expensive.