T-172 Invisible Zone

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-172 Invisible Zone

10 One of the Best
36%
09 Superior
27%
08 Excellent
14%
07 Very Good
18%
06 Pretty Good
No votes
05 Good
5%
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 22

JohnM
Site Admin

T-172 Invisible Zone

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Name: Invisible Zone

T-Number: T-172

Inventor: Lubor Fiedler

Year: 1995

JohnM
Site Admin

PICTURES of T-172 Invisible Zone

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 pm

JohnM
Site Admin

VIDEO of T-172 Invisible Zone

Post by JohnM » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:49 pm

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-172 Invisible Zone

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 am

This effect is among their best ever.

I remember seeing a routine with Lubor's Lens but the video is nowehere to be find unfortunately.
You can read the discription of the effect here: http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.be/2010/05/ ... -zone.html - basically you have to paste a piece of paper with an orange rectangle the size of the pen on the inner side of the flap, exactly behind the spring, and use Lubor's Lens to create the illusion the pen is inside.
I would like to mention the inventor of this routine but I don't know who it is.

Another possible routine is with a fake midle of the pen which you hold in place. See here for the video by Japanmagic:

I own the cheap China copy of this effect and the pen is not 'clipped'/held in place as with the orginal version. It therefore is almost impossible to perform. Stay away from the knock off, the original one is still being produced and not very expensive.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 am

someone did a version of this where the unit is encased in clay/play-doh and you push your finger through the middle, this may be a good use of a knock-off one!
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:42 am

SimonC wrote:someone did a version of this where the unit is encased in clay/play-doh and you push your finger through the middle, this may be a good use of a knock-off one!
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/tips/ti ... l#Anchor03

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:24 am

David DeTenyo wrote:I remember seeing a routine with Lubor's Lens but the video is nowehere to be find unfortunately.
I was looking for this video also. It was a really original routine. I believe it was by a Japanese magician but i also can't remember who.
David DeTenyo wrote:I own the cheap China copy of this effect and the pen is not 'clipped'/held in place as with the orginal version. It therefore is almost impossible to perform. Stay away from the knock off, the original one is still being produced and not very expensive.
I first got the knockoff as well and like you said the pen did not stick in the case and was therefore impossible to perform. Although to be fair the picture on the box that I got showed a somewhat different routine in which the pen did not actually enter the case. This routine would probably work if you would actually want to perform it. ;)
http://www.magictricks.com/invisible-pen.html

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:45 am

This is going to be one of my first Tenyo buys. The gimmick and the effect it can achieve with a little story building magic lends itself to, I think, would be some amazing results.

Even better is that it's rather compact and can be used for no-table strolling.

For an aspiring hospital magician, it's perfect.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:55 am

An interesting point is that the pen for the Marvin's Magic version is smaller and thus easier to perform.

You should be able to shorten the Tenyo version just a little to aid in performing.

Take the black plug off the back, cut off a little of the pen with a small saw, sand smooth, reinsert the plug and you should be all set.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 am

Which version do you prefer john the red marvins version or the original blue Tenyo one?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am

I would get the Tenyo version. At one time (a long, long time ago) I had replicas or copies of Tenyo and I considered that I had the item. I have replaced all those items and I am happy that I did because the quality is much better with the real thing. I think the quality of the Marvin's version is fine, but still there is nothing better than Genuine Tenyo.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Ahh I love that logo :) am I right in thinking it is a Japanese symbol for magic? Can anyone elaborate/confirm that for me?
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 pm

SimonC wrote:Ahh I love that logo :) am I right in thinking it is a Japanese symbol for magic? Can anyone elaborate/confirm that for me?
The top left square represents magic and the bottom right represents quality ( looks like triple "A" but that may be a coincidence). I saw someone call this the puzzle logo, which is interesting because Tenyo is famous for their jigsaw puzzles, but I don't think it was designed as such, but still not a bad name for it.

The version here, with a young Ty the Rabbit sitting on top, I have only seen used 1 time.

I added the "Genuine Tenyo" to use this logo on the selling section of the selling section of the website.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 pm

that's what I thought too, but I didn't realise about the quality part. on Go Ogle, quality translates as Hinshitsu and that triple a symbol appears (see pic) I still can't find the other symbol on the net but I'm sure, as you said that it's magic. I was just thinking whether it would be a good tattoo, I don't want to find out I have 'plastic children's novelty' or 'made in Japan' tattooed on my wrist ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 pm

Hi again everyone,

After passing quite stressful and exhausting weeks, I just be able to make another video. The objective of this effect is not only to show the basic effect of Lubor Fiedler`s Invisible Zone but also to proof that the invisibility is really exist. There is no doubt that Invisible Zone is one of the most cleverTenyo magic prop ever created. I hope you enjoy the idea and I`m apologize if someone already came up with the idea and it must be a coincidence.

Wish you a great day everyone !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_a3VRItJU

Cheers,
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:13 am

VictorS wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:55 pm
Wish you a great day everyone !!! Cheers, Victor

Thank you Victor 🌼 again a very nice video, i like the extra❓touch 😉

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:23 am

What a grea addition! Did you use IT?

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:37 am

VictorS wrote:
Hi again everyone,

After passing quite stressful and exhausting weeks, I just be able to make another video. The objective of this effect is not only to show the basic effect of Lubor Fiedler`s Invisible Zone but also to proof that the invisibility is really exist. There is no doubt that Invisible Zone is one of the most cleverTenyo magic prop ever created. I hope you enjoy the idea and I`m apologize if someone already came up with the idea and it must be a coincidence.

Wish you a great day everyone !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP_a3VRItJU

Cheers,
Victor

Beautiful job Victor! That’s a wonderful addition to an already great trick! Nice work!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am

Thanks everyone, very glad that you enjoy it :) And yes to answer your question, David :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:18 pm

VictorS wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am
Thanks everyone, very glad that you enjoy it :) And yes to answer your question, David :)
I’ve never realized that IT REALLY is invisible! :)

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 am

Great idea Victor!!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:56 pm

VictorS wrote:
I`m apologize if someone already came up with the idea and it must be a coincidence.
That is truly brilliant.

I have never seen that before.

You could write a book or do a video on improving Tenyo and other Magic. You have a fountain of ideas.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:01 am

JohnM wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:56 pm
VictorS wrote:
I`m apologize if someone already came up with the idea and it must be a coincidence.
That is truly brilliant.

I have never seen that before.

You could write a book or do a video on improving Tenyo and other Magic. You have a fountain of ideas.
Thanks John and thanks for the idea. That`s what our Japanese friend Yasuo Amano (Japanmagic) did, he wrote a booklet about Zig Zag Cig because he had so many ideas on the routine. Unfortunately it sold out very fast only in 2 hours and I have no chance to buy it.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:37 am

That's really cool and a very clever idea!

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 am

I have a question for you guys. Do you consider the lid and the spring to be essential parts of Invisible Zone? To me, the spring seems somewhat superfluous, but I also see that it can be incorporated in a story.

And then there's the door. It seems the standard procedure is to close the door, insert the pen, and then open the door to reveal that the middle of the pen is invisible. Does that make a greater effect than if the pen is inserted with the door open, and does not become visible again until it emerges from the other side of the apparatus?