T-205 Confined Cubes

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-205 Confined Cubes

10 One of the Best
25%
09 Superior
35%
08 Excellent
20%
07 Very Good
15%
06 Pretty Good
5%
05 Good
No votes
04 OK
No votes
03 Not So Good
No votes
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 20

JohnM
Site Admin

T-205 Confined Cubes

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:19 am

Name: Confined Cubes

T-Number: T-205

Inventor: Shigeru Sugawara

Year: 2002

JohnM
Site Admin

PICTURES of T-205 Confined Cubes

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

JohnM
Site Admin

VIDEO of T-205 Confined Cubes

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:28 am

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: T-205 Confined Cubes

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:56 am

This was a classic trick for making my face light up as I learnt the secret. I was like, COOOOOL!! watched the video loads before I ordered it too.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09 am

In life there are always positives and negatives, the green block represents the good in your life and the red block the bad. There has to be both in your life, but hopefully there's always more good than bad (size difference in cubes) a little bad can still feel like a lot.
Sometimes it can feel like despite all the positives you may have, the negatives can get on top of you and you can feel trapped by them (green block in, 'trapped' by spike and red block on top). The best thing to do sometimes, when it all gets on top of you is talk to someone, think differently, get out there and do something different, just shake things up a bit (shake tube). focussing on the good can help overcome the bad.
Get on top of your problems :)
I find this trick good to perform to yourself if you're having a bad day
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 am

SimonC wrote:In life there are always positives and negatives, the green block represents the good in your life and the red block the bad. There has to be both in your life, but hopefully there's always more good than bad (size difference in cubes) a little bad can still feel like a lot.
Sometimes it can feel like despite all the positives you may have, the negatives can get on top of you and you can feel trapped by them (green block in, 'trapped' by spike and red block on top). The best thing to do sometimes, when it all gets on top of you is talk to someone, think differently, get out there and do something different, just shake things up a bit (shake tube). focussing on the good can help overcome the bad.
Great story for the routine Simon !! I`m just wondering that even Tenyo could give us some lessons of life. Very2 nice :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:43 am

I had an idea for a routine with Confined Cubes which used the black tube as a cup and the cubes as ice cubes. I thought it was relatively solid, and then I see Simon's metaphorical routine:
SimonC wrote:In life there are always positives and negatives, the green block represents the good in your life and the red block the bad. There has to be both in your life, but hopefully there's always more good than bad (size difference in cubes) a little bad can still feel like a lot.
All you can do is get out of your seat and applaud it. It's brilliant.

I meant to respond on how awesome of a routine this is for Confined Cubes the day you posted it. The problem was that I was having a week long 'big green cube'. It was bad enough cube to be considered Undercover Cube .

But reading that routine made my day, thanks!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:31 am

Glad to hear it Brett, hope you got on top of that red cube :)
Thanks for the thumbs up mate :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks for the routine Simon.

I really like Confined Cubes, the secret is brilliant. It works great however I have found that it is not a good idea to let both blocks examine by a spectator at the beginning of the effect, some will 'feel' by shaking the big cube that it contains something.
Also, it's important to hold the tube at a certain distance from the spectator(s) - in a few occasions my secret 'flap' didn't open intirely and I had to shake the tube.

Great, innovative micro magic, exactly what made Tenyo so famous. I hope we will see similar releases in the future but doubt it. A must have for every collector of magic tricks.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm

It is really cool how this works and if you do not have it get it right away because like Prison Box and Mobile Illusion, this will soon be a $100 bill to get it.

The one big problem is the size of the blocks. It is very easy to see the difference in size which raises suspicion. I wonder if a thinner plastic could have been used or if the colors could have been changed to help hide the difference.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:41 pm

That is my issue with the trick. Some people I have showed it to have noticed the blocks were different sizes. I try not to show them at the same time or at least not place them near each other.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 pm

I just got mine today and its brilliant.
If people are suspicious of the size difference and mention it just ask them about the how can some thing go past the stick.
I knew roughly how this trick worked but couldn't work out the stick.
Simon from Aus (but English)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:45 am

Hello all :) I was looking through Freepostmagic.co.uk this morning and found confined cubes for £14.21! I can't remember who was looking for one but that is a bargain for this trick, it's one of my faves. Not sure what the postage is abroad but it's still pretty cheap. you can get 10% off if you use RETURNJOY as a code. there's quite a few tenyo on there :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:44 am

That's a sweet deal for sure! I might actually order a spare ... .

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:01 am

SimonC wrote:Hello all :) I was looking through Freepostmagic.co.uk this morning and found confined cubes for £14.21! I can't remember who was looking for one but that is a bargain for this trick, it's one of my faves. Not sure what the postage is abroad but it's still pretty cheap. you can get 10% off if you use RETURNJOY as a code. there's quite a few tenyo on there :)
Holy mother of dammit! That is a great price!

I can't get one at the moment as I'm saving up for a couple expensive Tenyo. But man, less competition for those who can take advantage of this, you know.

That price makes me very wary. It's one of the most expensive Tenyo on the list, secondary market value-wise. And yet it's one of the cheapest Tenyo.
Is there such a thing as a 'knock-off' Confined Cubes? This sounds too good to be true.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 am

just went to look for you mate and they're sold out :( I'll keep checking
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:09 am

SimonC wrote:just went to look for you mate and they're sold out :( I'll keep checking
I appreciate it. I will say that I am in talks with someone about getting it in the near future.

However, I have plans of acquiring a couple of much more expensive Tenyo first, as they are much much harder to come by.
Where's my colon?!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Confined Cubes is probably my best Tenyo effect. I always vanish the pink cube with James Stewart's Go Go handkerchief vanisher or Tenyo's Devil Hank. I introduce the two cubes and ask the spectator to select one. If she chooses the small cube, I cover it with the gimmicked handkerchief and have her hold it. If she chooses the green cube I place it inside the tube. This simple use of magician's choice has baffled laymen and magicians alike.

Sleight of hand may be nicer way to vanishing an object. It boost our ego, gives us fulfillment, and we have less prosps to carry. But using a vanisher is cleaner. Try it and you will never worry about the size difference of the cubes.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:36 am

See, that's one routine that SHOULD have been in Tenyoism (it isn't, is it? I haven't read the part of Confined Cubes yet). Absolutely brilliant idea Bob. I have Tenyo's Devil's Handkerchief and have finally a good purpose to use it. Thanks for sharing!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:04 pm

BobD wrote:Confined Cubes is probably my best Tenyo effect. I always vanish the pink cube with James Stewart's Go Go handkerchief vanisher or Tenyo's Devil Hank. I introduce the two cubes and ask the spectator to select one. If she chooses the small cube, I cover it with the gimmicked handkerchief and have her hold it. If she chooses the green cube I place it inside the tube. This simple use of magician's choice has baffled laymen and magicians alike.

Sleight of hand may be nicer way to vanishing an object. It boost our ego, gives us fulfillment, and we have less prosps to carry. But using a vanisher is cleaner. Try it and you will never worry about the size difference of the cubes.
======================================================
You are 100 percent right on!
and now, on with the show ...

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:17 am

This is one of my favorite tricks.

When I opened the box, I didn't understand what to do and then I read the instructions and then I said:
"Woooooowwwww!!! '
The trick is brilliant, ingenious, amazing!!!! Well if you don't understand, I love confined cubes! :)

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:07 am

I don't think that using Magician's Choice and then vanishing the pink cube outside the tube is a good way to do the trick. The trick is designed to be self-contained. It is not about the pink cube vanishing and reappearing in the tube, but about the pink cube passing through the green cube in an impossibly tight space while the green cube is held in place by the small white dowel. Either way you do it (two methods in the instructions, another in Tenyoism) the pink cube penetrates either down through the green cube or up through the bottom of the tube and ends up skewered by the white dowel.