T-137 Bolted!

This section is where members gather and provide a variety of information about specific Tenyo Magic Tricks

Please Rate T-137 Bolted!

10 One of the Best
No votes
09 Superior
No votes
08 Excellent
9%
07 Very Good
9%
06 Pretty Good
18%
05 Good
27%
04 OK
27%
03 Not So Good
9%
02 Bad
No votes
01 One of the Worst
No votes

Total votes: 11

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

T-137 Bolted!

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:16 am

Name: Bolted!

T-Number: T-137

Inventor: Atsushi Fukano

Year: 1988

PICTURES of T-137 Bolted!

T-137 Bolted! on PLANET TENYO

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: T-137 Bolted!

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:19 am

This one is often overlooked but the secret in my opinion is pretty diabolical. However ... it is not very easy to perform without arousing suspicion and it can not be closely examined, apart from the card and nut/bolt.

Not my favourite but definately something a Tenyo collector should have in her or his collection. And they are still pretty cheap if you take in mind this one has been discontinued for a pretty long time.

If you want the 'non-Tenyo' version I suggest looking into Dutch Sandwich which at the end with some switsheroo can be examined. And it's pretty easy ot perform :) See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMIGXHGIc9g . Another option is Card Thru Bolt by KREIS - available at Seomagic for only 18 USD. The secret is very different from Tenyo's version however.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:48 pm

I agree. I kind of like how the trick works but I have never performed this for anybody due to the practice needed to do it smoothly.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

I can't believe Dutch Sandwich works the same as Bolted! I don't have Dutch h Sandwich but I believe it is the bolt that is gimmicked, and that is not the case with Bolted, which I do have.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:16 pm

I don't have bolted but it's one I'm keen to have, I like tenyos and tricks that need a bit of practise. if anyone has a spare/unwanted one they'd like toreador give me a shout :)
Now you see me...

MerlinsMagicShopMike

Post by MerlinsMagicShopMike » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

I have bolted but have never performed it for anyone because I am not impressed with the gimmick,not that its bad but takes some practice. Definitely not one of my faves from Tenyo. I have a similar trick that uses a padlock that is much more baffling and it is examinable afterwards,I've had it for years and have replaced every part of the trick because I use it so often! I believe it came from the original Houdini Hall of Fame in Niagra Falls Canada. Wow, really dating myself now!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:31 pm

I have bought recently a very nice bolted variation called Money Prison, for sale a magicshop.nl
http://www.magicshop.nl/Webwinkel-Produ ... rison.html
money prison.jpg
A bill sits between two transparent plates en is fastened with a padlock.
There is an opening at the left of one of the plates. Spectator puts its signature on it.
Magician signs another bill. A hanky is put over the plates and when removed, the bills have switched places.
Your bill sits now between the plates, and you have now the signed bill by the spectator in your hands.

Great effect, easy to do. And totally examinable afterwards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:21 am

Now that is a great trick there Rob! I will buy it with the Tenyo's for 2015 as I always do with Magicshop :)