Mickey/Disney Tenyo

Here you find threads with a theme like Tenyo blue/brown box tricks or Japanese Only tricks.
Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Mickey/Disney Tenyo

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:38 am

Well it been about a year since this whole section of the forum has been updated. I figure it might be time to start posting some things.
This is one of the newest items being sold at Tokyo Disneyland.
Mickey Rising Cards:
Mickey Rising Cards.jpg
Micey Rising Cards1.jpg
Basic Effect:
Cards and spread front and back. Spectator picks a card, remembers it, and puts it back in the deck. A Goofy joker card is located and removed from the deck. The deck is put back into the box. When the Goofy card is waved in front of the deck the spectator's card mysteriously rises out of the deck.

It should be noted that this deck uses a completely different method than T-218 Rising Cards. The method used here is pretty old. I believe I had a deck called the Simplex Rising Cards that used this method. Overall I would say I prefer the T-218 Rising cards because you can put the cards down when the card rises whereas with this version the cards must be held in your hand.
However one advantage it does have is that you can spread through the entire deck. Also I happen to like the design of the Mickey cards used here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:14 am

Thanks for this update Elliot. I'll stick to the standard rising cards deck I believe. I don't know how the Simplex version (and this version) works however.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:00 pm

I got an e-mail today about The Lazarus Deck. Does anyone have any info about that method? Perhaps this was also used in this new version by Tenyo?
A video performance can be seen here.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 pm

It certainly looks extremely similar.

I find it hard to believe that it uses the same method though. The Simplex Rising Cards are pretty old and you can get one for $5.00. But I have to say that the performance looks exactly the same.
That is exactly what you do with this deck.

Tenyo did add a couple of differences in routine on their version as they usually do.
First, in the Tenyo version the cards are put back in the box first before the cards rise and the card rises face up. You don't have to put them in the box but I think it makes for a slightly better trick if you do.

Also, you spread through the deck and remove the Joker from the middle of the deck as opposed to just taking it off the back of the deck. They also give you an excuse for taking out the joker as it is Goofy who will make the cards rise.

Just some small differences in routine but I think it makes it a little more effective.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:57 am

Elliot W. wrote:Here's a Mickey Floating Dollar Bill. The idea is similar to Cloud Money but the gimmick is different. I actually like this gimmick better than Cloud Money's. It is easier to use and the bill appears to be floating a nice distance away from your hands - maybe 1-2 inches. You can also make the bill spin in mid air pretty fast. I don't know if Tenyo invented this gimmick or it was something that was around before. The only downside to this gimmick is that it is much more angle sensitive than Cloud Money's.
20140907_135633.jpg
20140907_135648.jpg
Sidewinder by Alex Lourido
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vsxBC8MeqKg

Not sure if the gimmick is the same as the Mickey Floating Dollar Bill you mentioned Elliot. This version ùse a famous magician's assistant (TT) with additional simple mechanical device built in the gimmick to make the spinning move possible. Love the idea.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:36 am

Sounds like it could be the same thing.
From what I can figure out Tenyo did not invent this gimmick. I can't remember who created it but I think Tenyo first licensed it as part of their "Magician's Selection" series before making a Disney version.

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:10 am

Hi booked to go to Disney Land Paris. Does Anyone Know If The Magic Shop There Sells Tenyo Disney Products?? Im Guessing They Have A Magic Shop.

Please Let Me Know

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:35 am

I highly doubt it. The Tenyo Disneyland products are all in Japanese. I believe they only have the license to produce Disney products in Japan.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 pm

I was lucky to have oportunity to visit Disneyland Paris in 2005 (if I can remember). There are plenty souvenir shops in the land but I cannot find any magic shop there or souvenir/gift shop which sells magic props or tenyos. You will definitely find one at Tokyo Disneyland.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 am

This new version was designed so kids can do it, just like the other new trick with the crayons and cardboard drawer box.

The T-numbered version of Rising Card, which is actually a Devano deck, makes several changes to Devano's original mechanics that are not for the better even if they make the trick easier to do. The original used weights, catgut, and PINS (not sticky stuff). That obviously wasn't feasible for a Tenyo item, but I don't think the version designed for laymen with a cellophane loop band and sticky dots is very good.

There are actually no good Devano decks being made, and haven't for many years. I have an original Devano deck made by the originator and it's a thing of beauty. Al Goshman made them with poker sized Bicycle decks, but that is many decades ago and they are hard as hell to find.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:38 pm

iam a very happy dude at the mo! on its way to me is the rare mickey mouse version of mirror mate, it"s the red paddle , I got it for a great price too! I have been looking for it for a long time. I love paddle tricks, especially tenyo ones lol :D

TiTAN

Re: Tenyo Kaleiderscope

Post by TiTAN » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:22 am

Pete1805 wrote:
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 am
Picture 30.jpgPicture 29.jpgPicture 28.jpgHere we have a Tenyo kaleiderscope called a "fanta scope" depicting snow white and the seven dwarfs.About 9 inches long and about 1 and 3/4 inches across made of cardboard and plastic.Dont know the age of it but its worn in places,On the bottom it reads PAT-590486 Walt Disney Productions
Tenyo Co,Ltd Tokyo Japan and some Japanese writing. :D
Here are some photos from old Tenyo Catalog showcasing the Kaleiderscopes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:33 am

Tenyo Winnie The Pooh Magic Puppet

I have never seen this before, looks very sweet
Someone here who has this trick and perform it ?

https://youtu.be/HTp5uUM1V78