Mickey/Disney Tenyo

Here you find threads with a theme like Tenyo blue/brown box tricks or Japanese Only tricks.
JohnM
Site Admin

Mickey/Disney Tenyo

Post by JohnM » Thu May 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Please post here Disney versions of Tenyo Magic that you have or would like to have.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Mickey/Disney Tenyo

Post by JohnM » Thu May 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Here is a Tokyo Disneyland exclusive Dynamic Coins (T-069). I really like this one because of the engravings of Mickey and Minnie and the really beautiful package. The Tokyo Disneyland price sticker on the back is a nice touch as well.
t069-front-j.jpg
t069-back-j.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu May 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Not being able to find too many missing T numbers recently, I started buying some Disney items that looked interesting. Not trying to collect them all but just picking up some items that look like fun or that I think can be used in a good routine for kids.
Here's a pic I took a while ago of my Disney stuff. I think I got one or two others since this pic was taken.

My most wanted Disney item is the 5th item in the set of small box Mickey Mouse tricks in the picture. That was the Mickey Mirror Mate and is very much in demand and therefore pretty hard to come by.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Fri May 16, 2014 12:12 pm

I have the mickey mouse version of Tenyos floating broomstick,that is very cute!.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri May 16, 2014 1:35 pm

In England (London mostly) a "Mickey Mouse" version of something means a crappy one, "like look at his Mickey Mouse watch" it sounds funny seeing it written.
Another interesting thing is that when you type 'Mickey' on an apple device, it automatically gives it a capital M, not odd, but if you type 'mouse' after it gives that a capital M too. Disneys ever reaching tendrils continue to wriggle...
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun May 18, 2014 1:49 am

Elliot W. wrote: My most wanted Disney item is the 5th item in the set of small box Mickey Mouse tricks in the picture. That was the Mickey Mirror Mate and is very much in demand and therefore pretty hard to come by.
Here is the Mickey version of Mirror Mate that Elliot mentions above.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:31 pm

I just got this and my wife and I are having a lot of fun playing with it. It is more of a performance piece where the presentation is everything. Like Balerina Hank or Floating Table, we all have an idea how it works but are still amazed by the performance if it is done well.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:27 am

I have the Winnie the Pooh version of this. My routine is that it's time for Pooh to go on a diet and stop eating honey. He keeps trying to climb the tree to get honey and when I catch him he falls down.
I eventually have the rope horizontal and I am sure that I stopped him. At that point I spin the horizontal rope around where he ends up over a jar of honey I have on the table.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:45 pm

My daughter would explode over the Mickey dynamic coins
Where's my colon?!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 am

JohnM wrote:I just got this and my wife and I are having a lot of fun playing with it. It is more of a performance piece where the presentation is everything. Like Balerina Hank or Floating Table, we all have an idea how it works but are still amazed by the performance if it is done well.
I have never own one of these and is a mystery for me how this work.......I think that iI will get one......love the genie versión video!!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:41 am

if you don't have this particular effect, you can do a 'lite' version with your rope to silk. if you don't have ripe to silk then you'll need to enrol at hogwarts for a few terms
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:58 pm

SimonC wrote:if you don't have this particular effect, you can do a 'lite' version with your rope to silk. if you don't have ripe to silk then you'll need to enrol at hogwarts for a few terms
LOL.....I don't have rope to silk neither!!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:41 pm

I saw the Cheshire Cat magical rope and went scouring ebay.

I just missed out on the Mickey Magical Rope. The Genie and Stitch ones are still out there. Are these ropes discontinued or still in circulation?
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:01 pm

brett H wrote:I saw the Cheshire Cat magical rope and went scouring ebay.

I just missed out on the Mickey Magical Rope. The Genie and Stitch ones are still out there. Are these ropes discontinued or still in circulation?
These seem to have come and gone. Maybe they will make more, maybe not. The way they are constructed could cause a problem if you do not read the instructions and handle it properly so this is something they may have put to rest. It is still very cool and highly recommended. I bought a second Cheshire Cat. After playing with it it does not work as well and the rope is getting worn kinda like a sweater does if that makes sense.

I think it is a no brainer to get the Mickey one and put it away for 10 years when it may be worth $100. Look at the Mickey Bank and the Mickey Tissue Holder. These can go for a lot of money now and they came out not that long ago.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:38 am

This is a cool item. It is a version of T-75 Rabbit in Wallet using Mickey instead of Ty the Rabbit. I don't own it but would like to someday. Of course since it is a Disney item it was only sold in Japan.
mickeyinwalletfront.jpg
mickeyinwalletback.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Apparently, there is some new Frozen themed magic Tenyo.

In the form of a coloring book, deck of cards, and Pendant.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:25 pm

Here's a Mickey Floating Dollar Bill. The idea is similar to Cloud Money but the gimmick is different. I actually like this gimmick better than Cloud Money's. It is easier to use and the bill appears to be floating a nice distance away from your hands - maybe 1-2 inches. You can also make the bill spin in mid air pretty fast. I don't know if Tenyo invented this gimmick or it was something that was around before. The only downside to this gimmick is that it is much more angle sensitive than Cloud Money's.
20140907_135633.jpg
20140907_135648.jpg

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:38 pm

First time I see this one....is it rare??

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Is it electronic ? Cool to see it spinning like a windmill ;)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:23 am

No electronics or batteries.You power it yourself. :)
I have no idea if it is rare or not. It came in a small lot of tricks that were bought at Tokyo Disneyland but I have no idea when it was bought or if they still sell it.

Shan

Post by Shan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 pm

My magical Mickey
image.jpg

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:51 am

Shan wrote:My magical Mickey
image.jpg
Nice! They had that version of Magical Rope on display in the Houdini Magic Shop at Disneyland.

Speaking of he which. Just received the Tokyo Disneylanf 30th anniversary Dynamic Coins for my daughter today. Pictures in a bit
Where's my colon?!

Pete1805

Tenyo Kaleiderscope

Post by Pete1805 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 am

Picture 30.jpg
Picture 29.jpg
Picture 28.jpg
Here we have a Tenyo kaleiderscope called a "fanta scope" depicting snow white and the seven dwarfs.About 9 inches long and about 1 and 3/4 inches across made of cardboard and plastic.Dont know the age of it but its worn in places,On the bottom it reads PAT-590486 Walt Disney Productions
Tenyo Co,Ltd Tokyo Japan and some Japanese writing. :D

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo Kaleiderscope

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:35 am

Interesting. It looks like Tenyo used to make a bunch of Disney toys way back when. Check out this Japanese auction for a Tenyo Disney Jack-in-the-box.
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... enlargeimg

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Here is a Disneyland Magic Medal.
The magician puts a gold and silver coin in his hand. He closes his hand and removes one of the coins (let's say the gold one ;) ). Instantly the coins will switch places.

Not a particularly amazing trick but the coins are nice.
magic medal.jpg