Individual effect forum?

Please post here feedback, recommendations, questions, requests, technical problems, etc. I will use this area to post information about how to best use the forum.
Greg C
Charter Member

Individual effect forum?

Post by Greg C » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:51 pm

Occasionally I'll have a random thought about a particular effect. Maybe it's a wry comment, something odd about how I saw someone else use it or what implications the particular design might have when when compared to another effect.

Rather than have them scattered over Performance, Collecting, Miscellaneous or other forums, there would be a place where there would be a single topic for each effect. The topics could be added when the first person gets the whim to say something about an item.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Individual effect forum?

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Good idea and certainly something we should think about. What I had on Themagiccafe was often looking for a routine or some suggestions for a particular effect and therefore needing to use the awfull search function or browsing endlesly though threads ... .
Where should we post these topics? In the performance section, an interly new section as Greg suggests, ...? What if a secret is (partially) given away when discussing an item or giving hints and tips, would that be a problem for you guys?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:22 am

When I designed the Website and then this Forum, I had to determine how I wanted to organize the data. I decided to organize the data by subject rather than by trick primarily because there are only a few subjects but there are hundreds of tricks.

What is nice about this forum is that the Search feature works really well.
Searching Ultra Tube -crystal returns 10 posts where Ultra Tube was mentioned.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/sear ... mit=Search

Also, there is no reason why random information about a trick cannot be put in the Misc Tenyo Subjects with a thread title such as Misc Ultra Tube Information.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:31 am

So we can agree that we will post hints, tips, add-ons, performance ideas and routines, ... in the performing Tenyo section I think (obviously ;) ).
The other info like prices have their other subforum/thread.
It would be easy to have one topic per trick though as Greg suggested. I believe if the forum increases in popularity moderators can 'merge' different topics about one trick in one topic and I suggest we do that where possible.
Perhaps we can make a 'sticky-topic' advising this (not make a strict RULE out of it of course, I don't like too many rules as you guys know because it chases potential members away I believe ;) ) in the 'performing' subforum mentioning this ... what do you guys think?

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 am

The two topics inside the Performing Tenyo folder are actually two tricks names: Fortune Sticks and Tunnel of Darkness.

I think that with the time more trick names and other more general topics will be added by the different users.