Charter Members

Please post here feedback, recommendations, questions, requests, technical problems, etc. I will use this area to post information about how to best use the forum.
JohnM
Site Admin

Charter Members

Post by JohnM » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:53 pm

I have been asked what is a Charter Member.

A Charter Member is a prestige thing. When we have hundreds of members, a Charter Member can say I was there at the start.

I am not sure what the cutoff will be for Charter Members but everyone who has joined to date and will join soon gets that group label once their name is compliant and they have posted the Member Profile.

AOL was huge and many of you might remember that. I have always been a Macintosh User and AOL started as a Macintosh bulletin board. I was a Charter Member of AOL when there were hundreds or thousands of members. Eventually when there were 10's of millions of users it was a badge of honor to have "Charter Member" attached to your profile. I have another badge of honor but it is hard to show off. The first Macintosh that I bought in August of 1984 (it was released in January of that year) when it was not popular to own a Mac. Now Apple is considered so cool. Well I knew that for close to 30 years.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Charter Members

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:22 pm

I just changed the color of the charter members from orange (the closest color they offered) to a custom golden color.