Feature Request: "Instruction Requests" section

Please post here feedback, recommendations, questions, requests, technical problems, etc. I will use this area to post information about how to best use the forum.
Mike H

Feature Request: "Instruction Requests" section

Post by Mike H » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:29 am

Hey guys,

Maybe something like this exists in the full members forum (I'm still new here), but one problem I see a bit here just like on the TMC forums are all the instruction requests. What if there was a forum section specifically for instruction requests?

Ideally (and this would HAVE to be in the full members section), there could be an instructions section where people upload scanned instructions and anyone with proper access can go and grab what they need when they need it. I think the mods do a good enough job of discerning people who are "just looking for secrets" from people who are true collectors that either purchase old tricks from eBay or new tricks from Japan and genuinely need a set of instructions.

What do you think?

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: "Instruction Requests" section

Post by JohnM » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 pm

I needed two instructions the other day so I found an existing thread asking for instructions in the Members Only Section where I could make my request. Thankfully David De Tenyo helped me out. You will be a Full Member soon so if you need some instructions you can post there or post in the Miscellaneous Tenyo Subjects section until you do not have access to the Members Only Section

The "Instructions Needed" thread I added to was started by Siusiuc. When you find it, you will see the proper way to request instructions (providing proof of ownership). I think that makes it a good place for us all to add our instructions requests to.

We would never have a section with all of the instructions. When you get your Full Member status, look for an interesting thread started in early July called "This is Alarming" and you will see an interesting discussion and why we would never do that.

Mike H

Re: Feature Request: "Instruction Requests" section

Post by Mike H » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:49 pm

That all makes total sense. I guess I'll see soon how it goes! (and um, will be making a request...)