Ultimate Block Penetration - Magic Wagon

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
MadisonPresents

Ultimate Block Penetration - Magic Wagon

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:04 pm

Okay... How many of you got this beautiful apparatus today?

http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=152

Simon Layland

Re: Ultimate Block Penetration - Magic Wagon

Post by Simon Layland » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:03 am

I buy everything they make.
Cant wait to get my hands on this one, it will Interesting to see how examinable it really is ? they are not selling fast according to some reports "how wrong where they" but I think this will be the best block penetration ever ( big call )
They are $215 which Includes free ,fast, worldwide shipping which I think is a fantastic deal for such a well made prop.
Simon from Aus (but English)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:57 am

I bought one too, penetration effects like these are Always a must buy for me.
Reminds me of Campbell's Cube Off combined with Tenyo's Coin Of Dracula.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:08 am

Without hesitation I ordered this one immediately! I love cube/block effects very much, and this one has an unexpected twist.
Sold out pretty quick!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:20 am

I have never ordered from Magic Wagon, but I've been looking to buy a block effect and bought this as soon as I woke up. I can't wait to have my hands on it. I'm very excited.

I too thought the price was great. I was afraid it would be well out of my range like many of their items.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Received mine today just took it out of the package. Holy cow this is BEAUTIFUL!

Easily the best version of this trick I've seen.

I made a very quick video just to show its beauty. I would have been extremely fooled by this one. I honestly believe this is one of the best Magic Wagon products...

http://youtu.be/mCkxvxqIjYY

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Madison, I'm really glad that your are glad with your first Magic Wagon purchase! I received it too today and liked it very much too! If you skip the examinability option, then this is so much fun to perform!
And I like your video, wonderfully casual and playful!

The first purchase of a trick from magic company is often decisive for the rest of your purchases.
SimonC for instance bought the Bermuda Medaillon also from Magic Wagon and was very disappointed. Indeed this was not the best MW item to start with. :)

So you are lucky to obtain an effect that is so fun to perform. And it isn't even the most advanced mechanism from Magic Wagon looking at the method but it is clever thought!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:43 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Madison, I'm really glad that your are glad with your first Magic Wagon purchase! I received it too today and liked it very much too! If you skip the examinability option, then this is so much fun to perform!
And I like your video, wonderfully casual and playful!

The first purchase of a trick from magic company is often decisive for the rest of your purchases.
SimonC for instance bought the Bermuda Medaillon also from Magic Wagon and was very disappointed. Indeed this was not the best MW item to start with. :)

So you are lucky to obtain an effect that is so fun to perform. And it isn't even the most advanced mechanism from Magic Wagon looking at the method but it is clever thought!

That's awesome to hear! They seem hit or miss to me at times. They are all beautiful but some are more obvious than others IMO.

I just showed this to the VERY critical girlfriend and allowed her to examine it. She was stunned. Absolutely clueless. I kept trying to put it up and she wouldn't let me take it from. She seriously fiddled with it for about an hour saying she was so mad because she can usually figure these out ;)

I certainly don't need ANOTHER site taking all my money... But it may start happening soon :)

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm so glad you posted a video of this because I cant wait to get mine.
It answers a lot of questions and doubts I already had about this prop in a positive way, Rob is right about the examination at the beginning of the performance, I think this was done down low (on the floor) for handling reasons ,the first person to do a video of this trick standing up will be admired by many I think.
You all know the makers and sellers always make the trick sound so good before you buy them but that's the beauty of it all " can you do it better "
Well done Madi and Thanks

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Simon Layland wrote:I'm so glad you posted a video of this because I cant wait to get mine.
It answers a lot of questions and doubts I already had about this prop in a positive way, Rob is right about the examination at the beginning of the performance, I think this was done down low (on the floor) for handling reasons ,the first person to do a video of this trick standing up will be admired by many I think.
You all know the makers and sellers always make the trick sound so good before you buy them but that's the beauty of it all " can you do it better "
Sure thing!

I'm not sure I understand your comment about being on the floor though. This could easily be done standing. It's just so many different parts to hold onto. :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:43 pm

As David said, it looks like Tenyo Coin`s Of Dracula performed with cube. Nice props and great performance Madison ;) I still have no idea on how it works. It should be something very2 cleverly made inside the tube ;)

Vic

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:12 pm

VictorS wrote:As David said, it looks like Tenyo Coin`s Of Dracula performed with cube. Nice props and great performance Madison ;) I still have no idea on how it works. It should be something very2 cleverly made inside the tube ;)

Vic

Super clever. I would have never figured it out. :D

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:55 pm

MadisonPresents wrote:
Simon Layland wrote:I'm so glad you posted a video of this because I cant wait to get mine.
Sure thing!

I'm not sure I understand your comment about being on the floor though. This could easily be done standing. It's just so many different parts to hold onto. :)
Exactly "Its just so many different parts to hold onto" It will take a lot of practice to do this standing up with a spectator.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Simon Layland wrote:
MadisonPresents wrote:
Sure thing!

Exactly "Its just so many different parts to hold onto" It will take a lot of practice to do this standing up with a spectator.
Absolutely but that does get me thinking... You could have the spectators hold the block and sword when aren't in use which would make things more manageable. Hmmm may have to play a bit now.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Like I said before, I love this! :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 pm

I love the presentation too...great work Madison !!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:45 am

great story Madison, it's nice to see a video of an MW trick too. looks to be nicely made, nice one :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:16 am

Boy I'm glad I bought this, thanks madison!

I really, really love this new Magic Wagon. Easy to do, and IF you want to make it examinable just ditch the dirty stuff out with cover of your little suitcase, jacket or whatever - shouldn't be THAT much of a problem :)
But I actually don't feel a real need to let everyone examine it - MW gave you as performers the choice, and that's great!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:41 am

I performed this for my little niece the day before yesterday (11 years old) with a Dracula routine as someone suggested I believe. What can I say other than that she said: THAT's IMPOSSIBLE! I handed out everything at the end - ditching 'the stuff' wasn't an issue since she was examining the block and sword, thoroughly ;) Awesome!

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:48 pm

David DeTenyo wrote: I really, really love this new Magic Wagon. Easy to do, and IF you want to make it examinable just ditch the dirty stuff out with cover of your little suitcase, jacket or whatever - shouldn't be THAT much of a problem :)
Well, i noticed that in all the YT video presentations and i must say this is a real weak point !
I think the price for this trick is also far too high and the wooden sword is no beauty either, I would have preferred something else, but I don't say more to not reveal the secret. The effect itself is very beautiful but as I said the optical design is one of the weakest I have seen so far at Magic Wagon, I feel the same with the cube. A partial evaluation of the utensils would have enormously enhanced the whole trick ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Olaf, there is also a very similar trick very clearly inspired by MWs version, it's Block Penetration by Sunil Batra. I bought it out of curiosity, it's only 59,50 €, and it's not bad at all. I find it somewhat easier to perform, I also made a video of it, and there's only one item to be ditched.
Bought it at Zauberkellerhof.de.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 am

Rob Rand wrote:Olaf, there is also a very similar trick very clearly inspired by MWs version, it's Block Penetration by Sunil Batra. I bought it out of curiosity, it's only 59,50 €, and it's not bad at all. I find it somewhat easier to perform, I also made a video of it, and there's only one item to be ditched.
Bought it at Zauberkellerhof.de.
This was a great hint :-) very reasonable price :-) you mentioned some improvements :?: