Magic Wagon Quantum Tunnel

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Magic Wagon Quantum Tunnel

Post by JohnM » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:02 pm

I am temporarily locking this thread because the back and forth can lead down a road that none of us here are looking to take.

JohnM
Site Admin

Trinkets in the Boxes

Post by JohnM » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Thread is back open.
Roberto B. wrote:What is the other stuff on your photo John?.....I recognize the Japanese puzzle box but I'm wandering about the oval box and the dark vertical box...... :ugeek:
Here is a picture of all the boxes on the chest in my living room opened up.

The Japanese Puzzle Box (21 moves) holds faux gems but real silver coins and real gold trinkets. I love to tell my young visitors that this is a pirates chest containing all kinds of booty. Then I open it and show them the real treasures inside.

The Tan drawstring bag holds the Magic Wagon Four Seasons Obelisk. The bag is part of the trick.

The Lane Cedar box holds a variety of trinkets and gagets including a pocket microscope, a military aviators finger flashlight and a working violin.

The oval box is a puzzle box that contains miniature knifes I have collected in my travels. There are switch blades and a cool Butterfly Knife from Italy, an old leather boot knife and a mini swiss army knife among others.

The root box is a simple puzzle box and holds a real indian arrowhead I found in the middle of Manhattan when I used to work there (in a large planter which we would sit on while we ate lunch and took in the scenery ;) ). Also there is a petrified sharks tooth (also from NY area) and some blank bones for scrimshaw.

The large dark box is a box I got from the Bombay Company store that used to be in US Malls. I am not sure if they are still around. It spins open to reveal 4 compartments. It would be a great utility device to reveal 4 different predictions. It contains various brain teasing puzzels like a YOT and a cool lock (Richard not one lock but two). I used to bring these to my school and let my students try them. I am surprised I still have them because with 100 students coming in your room for the day, that much handling of something usually leads to trouble.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:06 am

I could amuse myself for days with those boxes and the tiny gadgets inside!

Now back to Quantum Tunnel.

I received my package thursday (from Tony Curtis) and opened it yesterday. After the reviews I was in for a big let-down but it's better than I thought it would be. You won't fool everyone with this one but as a quick trick it is OK (as in: look in the tube, nothing to see - nuts and bolts go in, drop ball, BANG - let spectator see, ball is clearly blocked - take tube, a few magic words and FLOINK the ball passes the bolts - let spectator see inside the tube, nothing to see ... and then QUICKLY move on to another trick and hide QT so no one can inspect it closely :lol: ).
The quality is great as usual, the 'gimmick' itself is very basic. But it works very smooth and it is more or less convincing when performed fluently.
As a trick there is no doubt it is too expensive for what you get (as often is the case with magic tricks). As a collectors item it will hold its value.

SimonC
Global Moderator

thank you David

Post by SimonC » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:39 pm

thank you David for teaching me a new word today.
FLOINK
Love it, I will use it every day this week.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: thank you David

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Actually I invented it while I was posting :lol:

Anyway, glad you like it! :)

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:42 pm

In case anyone missed it I was correct that is a miniature Lane Cedar Chest on the middle. :mrgreen:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 am

Independant from David deTenyo's review, I too was pleasantly surprised with this trick, firstly because of the nice look of it, secondly because of the simplicity of the trick. No ingenious sliding compartments, nothing suspicious to be done. I like it even more than the DicEscape by Sugawara, which is sold out now by the way, because with that trick you have to do a lot of fumbling. And it's a LOT smaller than the quantum Tunnel.
My wife found the Quantum Tunnel more impressive than the DicEscape, because the magician does no suspicious moves.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

I am glad that you guys are liking it.

I just tried it again to make sure that I was not missing something and I still feel the same.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Guys.....this is a possible solution to increase the climax duration and make it more magical.....eeeeh....concentrate!!......I'm talking about a Quantum Tunnel here!!...... :mrgreen:

Anyway....the silk idea is not mine....it comes from a very old U.F. Grant magic trick called "Dynamic steel ball thru plastic":

Here is my performance using this idea:
Last edited by Roberto B. on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Nicely Done!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:52 pm

This is a great touch- slowing down the penetration helps.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:14 pm

I don't know how the trick works. If we can proof the penetration with ball and silk,is it possible to proof also with a piece of rod or normal magic wand ? This could be one smart logical question from a layman.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 am

No rod or normal magic wand I'm afraid :) The gimmick is actually very simple, perhaps even too simple to be convincing. Spectators can not examine the tunnel for example.
But Roberto did a wonderfull job with the silk, making it seem more impossible then it in reality is. Creative thinking that elevates this effect to a higher level, that's Roberto's trademark :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:56 am

Is it simply a case that the arrangement of the bolts, with one on to of the other, combined with a hollow space in the sides means the ball can pass around rather than through the bolts?
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:04 am

Bingo Simon!

tomvason258

Post by tomvason258 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:46 pm

I am enjoying reading all the discussion of Quantum Tunnel. I've decided not to bid on one that is currently on ebay, although by MW standards it is not too high at the moment. Still seems overpriced for the trick.

What I would really like to buy is a Magic Wagon Tri-Slicer, which looks like a mini zig zag trick. I really like my Tenyo Mini-Zag, (I like zig zag tricks and have started collecting them). So, I want to add the Tri-slicer and hopefully MW Ultimate Zig Zag.

I recently found a used, but none working SideTrack, but it turns out it is too damaged to repair, so the search continues. Thanks for all the educational info on MW and Quantum tunnel. I know I made a good decision on this one.