Silken Glass Mystery by Magic Wagon

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Simon Layland

Silken Glass Mystery by Magic Wagon

Post by Simon Layland » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:19 am

silkenglassmystery.jpg
The next release by Magic Wagon will be available on Sunday 3 June 2018.

Silken Glass Mystery

A beautiful wooden frame containing a sheet of Plexiglas is displayed. Affixed to the middle of the frame is a small wooden arm with a star trap which can be moved across the glass. The performer now taps on the sheet of Plexiglas to prove that it is solid. He then moves the star trap to where he just tapped and immediately pushes a silk right through the glass! The star trap is then slid away showing that the sheet of Plexiglas is completely unharmed and still perfectly solid! This can be repeated again at other positions on the glass, if desired. Finally, the wooden arm is removed and the frame can be shown on both sides leaving the spectator no explanation as to how the silk could possibly go through! It is a truly baffling penetration effect.

This is basically a smaller version of a very rare Magiro effect. Based on a classic glass penetration, Magiro has elevated it to a new level by having the hexagon shape of the glass inside a very slim wooden frame which makes the illusion incredibly deceptive.

The frame stands approximately 18.5 cms high and 14 cms wide and is completely hand-crafted from natural aged teak wood and finally adorned with 20 brass screws.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Simon Layland on Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon from Aus (but English)

Simon Layland

Re: Silken Glass Mystery by Magic Wagon

Post by Simon Layland » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:22 am

I love the size of this but I'm undecided, I think there will be a few days to make a decision after its release.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 am

I will pass on this one, I am busy selling MWs... This item looks very good however, yet I prefer the Pagoda Mystery...

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:00 am

Rob Rand wrote:I will pass on this one, I am busy selling MWs... This item looks very good however, yet I prefer the Pagoda Mystery...
Yes the Pagoda Mystery is a lot less obvious in its workings.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:48 am

I consider this version as more convincing:

https://youtu.be/x8sOfodPmFU

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 am

I passed on this one too. Not sold out yet, either.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Rob Rand wrote:I consider this version as more convincing:

https://youtu.be/x8sOfodPmFU
Yes - this i found also a very good version of this trick ...
the square glass outer edges are a good additional confusion
but I still find this improved version very successful and beautiful

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... 2&forum=26

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:25 pm

@Olaf S: The trick you linked to there is a different trick, even if it has the common element of something being penetrated through glass (or acrylic/plexiglas).

I have also made a 3D-printed version of the trick you linked to, but the post about it is in the closed section on this site, so until you are a full member you can't see it. There is a lot more to see too, many wonderful creators are active (at least now and then) on this site.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:54 pm

ØyvindK wrote:@Olaf S: The trick you linked to there is a different trick, even if it has the common element of something being penetrated through glass (or acrylic/plexiglas).

I have also made a 3D-printed version of the trick you linked to, but the post about it is in the closed section on this site, so until you are a full member you can't see it. There is a lot more to see too, many wonderful creators are active (at least now and then) on this site.
Ups, sorry, that was a improved version of the Pagoda trick, very well made !
I would like to have the trick that Rob posted with real glass, that would be perfect
I ask about that and it is possible but would become much more expensive and also the
glass must be a bit more thick and then the wooden frame has to become also more thick
In the end it would be possibe but they will not do that - but a a clever mind van do it self

magic11ryan

Post by magic11ryan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:26 am

really like this one - is anyone looking to sell their set? :shock: