Magic Wagon - Chinese Lion Mystery

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Olaf S

Re: Magic Wagon - Chinese Lion Mystery

Post by Olaf S » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:36 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Most of the tricks seen in videos are figured out pretty quick by most of us;
don't let that influence you ... in diciding to make a video of it ... :)
I have a different attitude, it's true that many videos can unravel the mystery,
but mostly only by some experienced magic friends. But there are also videos
in which even old magic rabbits have their difficulties to find the right solution.
Richard W wrote:I personally don't like the over carved resin made tricks especially when they are painted gold
With "Chinese Lion Mystery" it is in my opinion clear even for a layman (at least that's what he means) what's going on, maybe not with the last unveiling. As for the exaggerated attention to detail, I'd say that's not the case with this release, because the design totally reflects this culture, everything is so detailed, colorful & playful there. So whether you like it or not is a matter of taste.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Richard W wrote:Each time they come up with a new product that always say something like with this one:
"This is, without question, one of the finest and most exquisitely detailed effects we have ever produced. It is absolutely stunning in appearance!" I never got started collecting MW as they
are very expensive and made way to often with no videos and no time to think about it ...
Yes, there is much truth in this perception, what can we do, not much, it work for them
I wished it to me also differently, at least better pictures, but many have probably already
complained about that without success, is a bit like buying a cat in a poke or trial and error.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Anyone here order one? Strange there are no reviews as most should have their copy by now. I wonder if people are disappointed.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:37 pm

John B. wrote:Anyone here order one? Strange there are no reviews as most should have their copy by now. I wonder if people are disappointed.
I got mine yesterday and I love it, it works differently to how I thought it would but in a very positive way.
The pedestal doesn't fit between/inside the legs of the platform which I clearly demonstrate at the end.
Its a winner in my opinion.
Simon from Aus (but English)

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Simon Layland wrote:I got mine yesterday and I love it, it works differently to how I thought it would but in a very positive way. The pedestal doesn't fit between/inside the legs of the platform which I clearly demonstrate at the end. Its a winner in my opinion.
That sounds exciting, I haven't received my package yet. Two theories I had were not confirmed to me by Magic Wagon and now the third theory has also burst. I'm really curious how the trick works. It's nice to hear that someone likes the trick and even calls it a winner.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:45 am

John B. wrote:Strange there are no reviews as most should have their copy by now.
I wonder if people are disappointed.
I have received my package now and am not disappointed on the whole ...
Optically this is a beautiful trick and with the handling it is a little tricky. I would say this is not
a trick for every Magic Wagon trick user, and also not necessarily a winner in the eyes of many.

It takes some practice to become safe and familiar with it, in my opinion it is not a self runner. It can also not be executed sitting at a table, but in a combination of standing and one table and the spectators need to be a bit of distance, but this can create more magic than other Close-up tricks.

I tried an extended method where there are two appearances with two smaller silk cloths of 40x40 cm and that works quite well ... However, this extended version is even more sensitive in handling, but brings more amazement over the whole trick. I find the enclosed dark cloth too big but anyone can experiment with other cloths ... To be honest, I would have liked a more sophisticated trick technique - Magic Wagon seems to use the simplest methods, which also has its advantages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Glad to hear that in general you're happy with your purchase.

I believe that this trick uses 2 principles
1 the small stand with the lion inside sticks magnetically inside the tube
2 the lion pops up with the help of the cloth.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Hope you'll manage to do an elegant performance with a funny story. :)

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:29 am

Rob Rand wrote: I believe that this trick uses 2 principles, please let me know if I'm wrong
Hope you'll manage to do an elegant performance with a funny story :-)
Dear Rob, because this is a public thread - I'm not going to make any suggestions here
But I can tell you that most of the guesswork we've had isn't apply. A good story is always
very uplifting but I'm not good at it - I guess I should practice this magic part a little more

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:31 am

I actually wish that this is a hidden members only thread. Before this, the MW thread was hidden. What do the moderators think about it?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:16 am

Rob Rand wrote:I actually wish that this is a hidden members only thread. Before this, the MW thread was hidden. What do the moderators think about it?
That topic is still in place: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1632 :)

By the way, I still am not 100% sure what exactly happens at what time with this Chinese Lion Mystery ... :?: :geek:

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:47 am

David DeTenyo wrote:I still am not 100% sure what exactly happens at what time with this Chinese Lion Mystery
That speaks actually for this trick - I did not know it by reading the manual either *lol
Is refined simple and even if the layman suspects something it is not so clear to unravel
Since magic lives for me but also a lot through external appearances, this trick does it :-)

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:53 am

Simon Layland wrote:The pedestal doesn't fit between/inside the legs of the platform
Thank you for this very enriching message - this is a great supplement
I've tried it out and I'm gonna use it in the rotine, it will add more wonder
Had a new idea today, but I can't implement it immediately, trials required

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:49 am

Rob Rand wrote:Hope you'll manage to do an elegant performance with a funny story. :)
The big Magic Wagon thread has now a silent story in place - the fun happens in your head
Took a few tries to present it in a video format - there are still some little things to improve

Raymond

Post by Raymond » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

I received mine a couple of weeks ago. Great method, eye-catching props, minimal set up, easy to perform. All that's needed is some 'handling' practice and interesting presentation. It's something dramatically different, which should grab attention. Having said all that, this is not for me - blame it on that indefinable personal preference syndrome! However, I'd love to be a part of an audience seeing it performed!! I have it for sale at £250.00, as new.