Magic Wagon - Majestic Meteor Ball

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Rob Rand
Charter Member

Magic Wagon - Majestic Meteor Ball

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:23 pm

Breaking news! A video of the upcoming Magic Wagon effect, to be issued December 1 2019!

Idea: John Talbot
Performance: John Talbot
Material: resin

https://youtu.be/KlGoi8FzamU
majesticmeteorballfull.jpg
An elegant pedestal is shown along with an ornate tube, a pair of cubes, two golden blades and a mysterious golden meteor ball. The performer then hands everything out for examination and emphasizes that all the pieces are solid. The two cubes are then inserted into the tube; and fully blocking both ends. The meteor ball is then openly dropped into the hole on top of the tube. With absolutely no hesitation, the performer now pushes both cubes fully together crushing the meteor ball. Immediately the golden blades are inserted through slots in the tube, trapping the cubes inside and ensuring that there is no way they can escape! Spectator can then dismantle the tube, and everything can again be examined. To the spectator’s surprise, the meteor ball has completely vanished!

For the finale, the performer can make the Meteor Ball re-appear or completely vanish as he so wishes.

It’s a baffling micro illusion!

The “vanish” of the sphere in this version is visual and surprising. Several handling/routine options are provided.
The platform measures approximately 11.5cms wide, 7cms high and 7cms deep. Each cube measures approximately 2cms squared. The entire outfit is extremely detailed and each set has been painstakingly and individually hand-crafted by our own exclusive artist.
This is, without question, one of the finest and most exquisitely detailed sets ever produced. The photos really do not do justice to this very elaborate piece of magic apparatus.

Our special thanks to John M. Talbot for suggesting this effect, the name recommendation and for writing the instructions and routine ideas.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rob Rand on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ØyvindK

Re: Magic Wagon - Majestic Meteor Ball

Post by ØyvindK » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09 pm

That is a very cool looking device, and the fact that the props are examinable (all props mentioned except from the stand/pedestal) at the end probably means there's a clever mechanism. Since this is in the open forum, posting any public guesses best be avoided.

Also interesting to note that Talbot still works with MW despite being on a break from the MW thread over at the Café, but that also means this trick probably has good instructions. I predict it will be very expensive, though. I'm guessing well north of $300.

Perhaps this thread should be moved to a more private forum section so that it can be discussed more freely?

It is also very cool that for the first time(?) there is a video of a MW trick before it's being released. I just wish the video quality was better, because posting a video in 240p in 2019 is quite ridiculous.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 am

ØyvindK wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09 pm
It is also very cool that for the first time(?) there is a video of a MW trick before it's being released

There was already a MW video before the release of the trick from S.C.
For me this resolution is sufficient for a preview, better than nothing
Trick looks pleasing. I also plead for a transfer to the protected area
I'm pretty sure this demo video wasn't meant for the public yet ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 am

Olaf S wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:22 am
ØyvindK wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09 pm
It is also very cool that for the first time(?) there is a video of a MW trick before it's being released

There was already a MW video before the release of the trick from S.C.
For me this resolution is sufficient for a preview, better than nothing
Trick looks pleasing. I also plead for a transfer to the protected area
I'm pretty sure this demo video wasn't meant for the public yet ...

Yes, this video was meant for the public. I am one of the 3 (!) subscribers of John Talbot’s Youtube channel and received a notification.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 am

Rob Rand wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 am
Yes, this video was meant for the public. I am one of the 3 (!) subscribers
of John Talbot’s Youtube channel and received a notification.

I see it differently ◆ J.T. had already posted videos several times that shouldn't be public, it seems
he doesn't know the YT settings that allow videos as not listed or private and also doesn't allow a
notification. Example: The coin routine with the Destiny Chest was also not intended to be public

Well, here is the prove, now the video is set on private as i had suspected it ...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:10 am

Olaf S wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:59 am
Rob Rand wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 am
Yes, this video was meant for the public. I am one of the 3 (!) subscribers
of John Talbot’s Youtube channel and received a notification.

I see it differently ◆ J.T. had already posted videos several times that shouldn't be public, it seems
he doesn't know the YT settings that allow videos as not listed or private and also doesn't allow a
notification. Example: The coin routine with the Destiny Chest was also not intended to be public

Well, here is the prove, now the video is set on private as i had suspected it ...
OK, you’re right. I got a message from John Talbot, he accidentally posted it public, which wasn’t meant to be ...

So indeed the video isn’t visible anymore...

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Here is a gorgeous photo of this new trick ⭐️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:24 am

It looks great, but I know what happens if I buy it. I will regret it and sell it at the end.

And I’ve already spent my money on the new Lego 76139 Batmobile 1989... :)

Let me know Olaf what you think of it after you’ve received it...

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:17 pm

A good magic story telling piece for Madison as i do not talk on videos

I am currently not sure if this trick allows a modified handling ... :?:

Lots of parts .. that cause a lot of confusion and distraction .. Goof