Magic Wagon Triple Dice Vision now available

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Magic Wagon Triple Dice Vision now available

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 am

See here: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=128

I passed. Box is too large compared to the dice for my taste and it screams 'examine me' which I believe won't be possible, else MW would have said so in their description.
I sure hope there isn't some secret panel to slide away on the bottom so the performer can quickly see the bottom numbers (and therefore knows the top numbers) and color of the dice. It that would be the case I'm sure Simon will make us one for half of the price Magic Wagon is asking 8-) (am I a bit out of line here? :P )

And you know, we have our Tenyo MRI trick coming out this year which perhaps can do the same :D

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Magic Wagon Triple Dice Vision now available

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 am

Yes, I passed too. Also because I am not so fond of these kind of tricks. And like David stated, you could make this trick yourself. Sort of. This surpasses NOT the Diceolation!!!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:07 am

I also plan to pass on this one. I'm not sure why adding three dice makes the effect more powerful than one. It seems to me that if you can divine one die in a box, why not three? So it may be a bit "over engineered" in that sense.

The box is very nice looking.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:21 pm

I am on the fence about this one. I like the look of it.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:00 pm

The box is so deep it reeks of suspicious.
Especially the 4 brass screws holding it together and that protruding band around the middle.

Why did they use pan head screws and drill holes in the top so the lid will close instead of using countersink screws.

I'll pass on this one.

Richard
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Just had a look at this link. $199 is ridonculous if it works how it looks like it does. I mean it's a pretty little box and the 90s coloured dice are a random addition. It's essentially three holes drilled in a cube of teak, struggling to see where the enormous mark up it justified here, I have boxes and boxes of those brass fittings at work they're pennies each if that. I know I wasn't exactly giving away my tenyo tribute tricks but $199 just seems a bit ripe. The white acrylic base is a little suss too, is it really a 'hold it up to the light and see job? Maybe there's some LEDs built in the lid to 'shed some light' on the base, which would help justify the cost.
I reckon as you put the dice in from above the white base looks normal but thin enough, from underneath works in the same way as the little black cylinder with the red lid I got in a cracker when I was 5.
Pass.
Last edited by SimonC on Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 am

I know MW for some time and for 199 USD you won't be getting an incredibly gimmicked apparatus with leds and a battery. The box will allow a peek of some kind, I think we can agree on that.
I sure hope you don't just have to look 'through' the bottom because that would be almost an insult to whoever bought this.
On TMC the suggestion was made that it works like Whispering Die which basically would mean you just peak while lifting the top - I find that hard to believe however because of the thickness of the box, perhaps however the band around the middle is some kind of hinge by which you can open the box?
It is rather small so if you have big hands it should be doable to cover everything up with your hand while 'opening' the box.
Don't you just love to speculate how these things work? :)

I said this before but if you have the money don't hesitate and buy Promystic's Multidimensional. It only works with one die (ESP, normal or color cube) yes, but I promise it will replace all your 'peek-die' devices you own. After I purchased MD I never bought any similar trick anymore so in the end it pays of I promise! I was a bit on the fence about the electronics envolved but it works absolutely flawless and is build to last a lifetime.

Anyway, I'm sure Triple Dice Vision will be a very nice looking box to have in your display cabinet, but I doubt it will be something you will use a lot. But some people don't care and just collect for the sake of collecting, just like I did and do with Tenyo's :) I will NEVER perform Fantastic from Tenyo for instance but nonetheless am happy to own it.

The trick you are refering to Simon is called Crazy Cube I believe (available for merely 2,99 USD), it is perhaps the trick I performed most in my life. It is so cheap, easy, works great and baffles everyone :) And I don't have to worry about it to break because it can't, and if it gets lost or stolen you can buy a replacement almost for nothing.

One more thing. I believe Magic Wagon at one time made a trick similar to Tenyo's Die-Vision with three dice lined up into three compartments. It works the same way as Die Vision so it can be inspected.
Simon, why don't you give it a try and make a nice miniature version ? :P

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:02 am

that's not a bad idea, I'm on holiday this week so a new project is what I'm after. I'm hoping to make a video today of a prototype/concept for a new trick. it wink be perfect but I need to get some opinions from the forum before I take it any further. so you own fantastic, wow! I only found out about it from doing tenyo at the movies, do you have any pics of it? I'm fascinated by it as it's a bit of a mystery to me. I a bit obsessed with matchboxes.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:07 am

The pics made by me are available at Steeo's website. I can always make new one if you would like me to, but as I said before, that will have to wait untill february next year ... .

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 am

that's cool I'll have another look. am I right in thinking it's metal? so is February when you unpack all your magic? that'll be a fun day, I moved all mine in over the summer, didnt come out of my shed for hours :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:22 am

Yes, yes and yes :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:53 am

The reviews on TMC are coming in and it seems it isn't that bad after all. A peeking box yes, but gimmicked in a Tenyo like way and can be casually given out for examination.

I must admit that while I appreciate most of the reviews on TMC there are some members who just can't say anything bad about MW, so there still is some doubt about the honesty of some reviews.

On the SOMF there was someone suggesting it may be that the bottom flips open and has a m***** attached to it which provides the peek - I think that might be correct and if it were that is a nice gimmick of course. But perhaps not a real 'worker' since you have to misdirect the audience when peeking and the box is not exactly mini-size.

Did you buy one John?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:55 am

Yes and you are 100% correct about the gimmick.

I think it is good but the guys on the Cafe are a little over the top.

What I like is that it is small and that it was less expensive than usual.

For sure taking a peek, calculating the numbers and then remembering the numbers, colors and which hole they are in would be very difficult. MW actually provided a little laminated card for the audience member to write down what they put in the holes so they can remember.

I don't think the coloring of the dice was necessary, it just makes it one more thing for the magician to remember.

The way I will perform it is get three white die. The dice provided are not standard size (12mm), they are bigger than the Tower of Dice and smaller than an Ultra Tube Dice. I will have the audience member add up the top most numbers and come to a total. Then I will tell them the total sort of like Bird Watcher. I think that will be just the right amount of impressive. The way they suggest is just too much.

I think you can get a peak at the bottom without too much suspicion because the box fits in your hand and the peak would be covered by the lower fingers. For sure it will take some practice in front of a mirror and confidence to perform it.

This can be used as a utility device that you can put other things in the holes which could be fun with someone with imagination.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:58 am

JohnM wrote: I don't think the coloring of the dice was necessary, it just makes it one more thing for the magician to remember. I think you can get a peak at the bottom without too much suspicion because the box fits in your hand and the peak would be covered by the lower fingers. For sure it will take some practice in front of a mirror and confidence to perform it.
I am very surprised about the mostly negative statements, but everyone has his own taste. I notice again and again that it is judged from the point of view of old hands and not from the point of view of the naïve spectator. I think this little box is fantastic and it certainly takes a lot of practice to keep all the information, but it will leave the viewer absolutely amazed. There are also graded degrees of difficulty of the performance possible ;-)

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:46 am

I bought Tiple Dice Vision used and I am very fond of the little trickbox - I have hardly anything to complain about, which doesn't happen very often. From a layman's point of view everything is very unsuspicious. I also like the selection options to either reveal numbers of eyes or color of dice or the slot number in which they were placed. And it can be used outside the house !

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:35 pm

I had this one but sold it. I think it was 'over-engineered' along the lines of what John mentioned. It doesn't seem necessary to have colors, position and number all as variables. It just makes it more complicated for the performer to remember.

The workings/mechanism, however is very nice. The version I had was 'strong' enough to let people handle it casually.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 am

John B. wrote:The workings/mechanism, however is very nice.
The version I had was 'strong' enough to let people handle it casually.
I find the trick technique also very clever implemented
And as I said before, nothing stands in the way of a reduction
Simply take only one cube (yellow) or choose another small item