Magic Wagon's The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells

The wonderful magic creations made by Magic Wagon are discussed here.
Olaf S

Re: Magic Wagon's The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells

Post by Olaf S » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:38 am

Rob Rand wrote:But it remains necessary to use finger work in the bottom to let the magic happen.
From the posted articles I have found out that this trick principle is not very difficult to decipher, but I am still standing on the water hose at the moment. The hints with the finger work and that not all rods can be pierced at the same time did not help me. However, the inner height of the box is a clear hint. Still pondering over the missing enlightening link in my brain. From the optical making I like this trick quite well.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:45 am

The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells works nothing like decipher, it has more in common with Penetration 360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ECBdLUqRE
a set pattern to insert the rods.
Simon from Aus (but English)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:24 am

The working of Magic Gemstone is more clever than you think. i had to take it out of the vitrine to see how it’s done, because I forgot. :)
I still like it after all these years.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Simon Layland wrote:The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells works nothing like decipher, it has more in common with Penetration 360, a set pattern to insert the rods.
Thanks for the hint, i have think about it and watched Rob's video over and over and have a clue but i am not 100% sure if this is the solution ;-) do you have this trick and know exactly how it works or is your hint only your take on it ? Rob just wrote it is more clever then we think ;-) I will further contemplate about the finger involvment ;-)

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Olaf S wrote:
Simon Layland wrote:The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells works nothing like decipher, it has more in common with Penetration 360, a set pattern to insert the rods.
Thanks for the hint, i have think about it and watched Rob's video over and over and have a clue but i am not 100% sure if this is the solution ;-) do you have this trick and know exactly how it works or is your hint only your take on it ? Rob just wrote it is more clever then we think ;-) I will further contemplate about the finger involvment ;-)
Yes I have this trick ;)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:25 am

Simon Layland wrote:The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells works nothing like decipher ...
Aren't you guys mixing up the verb decipher and the magic trick die-cipher (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/179) - could be me being a bit confused too :D

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 am

" Aren't you guys mixing up the verb decipher and the magic trick die-cipher"

I also did not understand this hint, however it does not keep me from further considerations
The Cipher II is a fantastic jewel, but I would recommend the stainless steel version,
as there are traces that are more likely to be seen on the brass version.
The deluxe version also contains a cube with ESP symbols :!:

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:59 am

David DeTenyo wrote:
Simon Layland wrote:The Magic Gemstone & Hieroglyphic Spells works nothing like decipher ...
Aren't you guys mixing up the verb decipher and the magic trick die-cipher (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/179) - could be me being a bit confused too :D
I thought Olaf was referring to Die-Cipher when I made my comment.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am

Well, now the confusion is perfect *lol - i wrote "is not very difficult to decipher"
means: it is not hard to find out how it work, but i found it not easy to get a clue how !
The only hint i can go with is > it needs some fingerwork < and it is more like the > 360 <
and that the spikes have to put in an special order - i still puzzle on this ... but wil solve it

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 am

Olaf S wrote:Well, now the confusion is perfect *lol - i wrote "is not very difficult to decipher"
means: it is not hard to find out how it work, but i found it not easy to get a clue how !
The only hint i can go with is > it needs some fingerwork < and it is more like the > 360 <
and that the spikes have to put in an special order - i still puzzle on this ... but wil solve it

I didn't read it properly in the first place ! (always in a hurry) Sorry.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am

Rob Rand wrote:The working of Magic Gemstone is more clever than you think.
I had to take it out of the vitrine to see how it’s done, because I forgot. :)
This is very funny *lol ... but it speak for the trick ... i believe i am near a solution ...