Happy April Fools Day!

Here we will announce such things as contests, important happenings for the Forum or its members and anything else that needs special attention.
JohnM
Site Admin

Happy April Fools Day!

Post by JohnM » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:03 pm

There were three April Fools Day pranks going on simultaneously on the forum today.

Jaime did not buy Roberto's Invisible Man. I am not sure if Roberto was in on it.

Luf Lirpa was played by our own Simon. He and I talked about this before hand so I was in on it. Rob and David figured it out early on. David wanted me to make sure that you all realize "I am not the person I'm trying to pretend to be in my last few posts lol." The best was when Simon and Luf were trading insults. :lol:

There is one more that I put up. The Play Dough 3d Printer is an April Fools joke and when you click on it to buy it it says so.

I will leave these posts for a day or two so some of you who missed out can see what we were up to. Then I will delete our dear friend Luf and his posts and I will try and clean up any other related posts.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Happy April Fools Day!

Post by SimonC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:32 am

My brain does ache slightly from arguing with myself for the latter half of yesterday. I spent the evening with my iPhone logged on as Lüf Lirpa and ipad logged on as me.
it's great to be part of a forum with a sense of humour and community ;)
well done rob for getting it first and Dave and Gaz too. and thanks for deleting your posts so that we could continue the joke a little longer.
So in short, Lüf has been tied to a rocket and shot into the ether, (thanks John for the rocket).
By the way, just in case you hadn't noticed, read Lüf Lirpa backwards ;)
Si
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 am

Wow Simon! Never thought you would be Mr Lirpa! He insulted you in such a rude way! Glad to hear it was just you who insulted yourself! :lol:

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 am

SimonC wrote:just in case you hadn't noticed, read Lüf Lirpa backwards ;)
Very creative.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:39 am

Yes very good job Simon.
You definitively had me fooled early although I did figure it out eventually when things started getting ridiculous.
Standing on my head while reading Mr. Luf's name confirmed it :)

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Great pranks guys. Mr. Lirpa had fooled me as well. :)
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 am

Nice prank!
First, I was fooled by Jaime but he immediately told me about it.
After reading the posts of Luf Lirpa, I thought it was Rob. But I had doubts because Luf is just as rude as Steen Schmidt.
When David and Rob began making jokes I thought Luf was John. It never enter my mind that it was Simon.
Simon, you got me!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:20 am

Very funny!!.........I was completely caught.....I thought it was a real troll......and I was very surprised when Killer supported him......then after more posts I thought that Killer, and Rob was making fun of this troll.....but I never though it could be Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Simon!!
Great job!!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:53 am

You fooled the heck out of me Simon! I thought it would be John M. or you :)

Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you in London Simon - I had approx. 1 hour 'spare 'time which was not long enough for us to have a decent talk over a pint I'm afraid.
Luckaly the hour free time was when we were at Charing Cross so of course I went to Davenport's for a short while. Not really an enthousiastic dealer there ... . They still had a few Tenyo's but nothing special. I did buy a Mental Photography deck which is a cool illusion.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:47 am

hi David, I know what a rush school trips are don't worry. davenports is an exciting shop for me as I rember going as a young boy but you're right, it's a little slack in there. customer service not being the strong point, I've spent a long time in there waiting for someone to finish their chat. I still love that there's a magic shop hidden under charing cross tube, it has a touch of the Harry Potters about it :)
it's an honour that our April fools gag tricked so many esteemed magicians and lateral thinkers, it was a relief when it was over and I could stop arguing with myself over two devices, I was about 3 he's away from developing a split personality disorder ;)
Now you see me...