Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 am

I watched it 8 times now laughed as hard every time. Jon Armstrong is so fast with impromptu insult comedy lines. I love comedy magic and this guy has the perfect personality to pull it off without someone punching him in the face. When it is over he leaves me wanting more. This was one of the best funny magic acts I have seen in years. Outstanding performer. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:56 am

that's an amazing performance! but who's the dude on his MacBook checking his emails and listening to his jams?!
that's the routine i use in the pub and it slays them every time. I forgot the other bit where the plunger 'sees' the card when te magicians back is turned, that's a great touch. :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:16 am

I feel like Tiny Plunger is like the close up version of the Card Duck

And a bit of an unrelated note, I'm actually onboard with the Ghost Handkerchief. I'm working on an 'outfit' for shows and I figure I can make a nice 'handkerchief square' in the front pocket. So when I can perform a quick trick for the adults before or after the show.

BAM!

There you go. Innocent enough (I'd use the Phantoma handkerchief, but, you know...). Dammit, Tenyo. You got me. I'm onboard with everything this year except Future Puzzle (I'm planning on using 'Dog Box' for a 3rd set since it seems like another 'Magic Butterfly'. And I'll have to watch a video for 'Future Puzzle' it appears to be cardboard and flimsy'. I need something that is stable for travel, unfortunately).

Now back to your regularly scheduled TINY PLUNGER!

Question for you, Simon, since you have the actual version. Can a child work the plunger successfully, provided there is some sort setup or something. I dunno what he gimmick is. Can a child work the plunger?

Also, is the plunger handle rubber? What's it made of? If it can fit my 'easy sanitization' criteria, we have a knockout
Where's my colon?!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:31 am

I think anyone can work the plunger and the handle on all of them is unsealed wood that I have seen so no proper sanitation going to happen it is porous. You could make a plastic handle and switch it easy I would think. ;)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:35 am

Richard W wrote:I think anyone can work the plunger and the handle on all of them is unsealed wood that I have seen so no proper sanitation going to happen it is porous. You could make a plastic handle and switch it easy I would think. ;)
Awesome! Thank you!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:42 am

yeah it's a wooden handle. if the tenyo version isn't plastic I'll make you one with a plastic handle if you like. or you could seal it with varnish. it's a little risky getting the spectator to use the plunger but as long as they follow your instruction you should be fine
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:43 am

SimonC wrote:yeah it's a wooden handle. if the tenyo version isn't plastic I'll make you one with a plastic handle if you like. or you could seal it with varnish. it's a little risky getting the spectator to use the plunger but as long as they follow your instruction you should be fine
That is a good point of Tenyo using a plastic handle.

All right!! As long as it's possible, it's worth doing. Thank you
Where's my colon?!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:11 am

When can we expect see these new Tenyo items available. You can get a white, grey, or pink one for only $1.67 free shipping to play with and see how the handle is attached. Appears they are sold out of Red and all the other 7 colors on this below site but only $1.67 is a great price to play with one now until Tenyo ones are available.

http://www.gearbest.com/mount-holder/pp_67658.html

I sent them and email to ask where's the red ones at.
"edit" just check it says they ship from china 4 to 10 business days. Hummm

Waiting for reply about red ones. I think the grey one looks cool. Black and red is the color of a real plunger. You could go flamboyant and go with the hot pink one. :D
Last edited by Richard W on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:20 am

I got ten from China for about 10p each, all different colours. my plan was to use them as giveaways at the end of a table-hopping session but I've not done one yet!
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:53 am

Brett

These ones here look like they have ivory color plastic handles for 70 cents each. Also from China.
I haven't figured what the shipping is from these guys but there they are plastic handles? Go zoom in on them on the link below. Are they really plastic I don't know for sure?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-Sil ... aQodHhEOxw

Random colors so you have to take what they send. I expect these are what Tenyo will use ones with plastic handles.
Plunger Plastic Handle.jpg

These handles below look smooth and shinny like the above ones but can detect wood grain looks like and probably a much safer place to buy from they take Paypal and you can buy all red ones.

http://www.fancycost.com/silicone-pumpi ... dnvsn0xHTQ

That's it I'm done. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:10 pm

Good lawd! Thanks for all the info, gentlemen!

I'll have to get some pink plungers for the junior lady magician as 'Tiny Plunger' is her favorite of the new Tenyo (she gave me confused looks about the other 3. But she was onboard when I told her that she could get to use a tiny plunger).

I'm wondering you could make a modified Nerf dart (and/or the gun mechanics) that could work with it.

'I will tell you how I'm going to find your chosen card. First, you pull out your gun.'

*click* *click* *BLAM!*

'Found it!'

Turn it into a 'sharpshooter' routine.
Where's my colon?!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 pm

Tell them I will try to read your mind, hold still, close your eyes...(click click blam) dart stuck to their forehead. :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:25 am

I tried a bullet catch with a nerf gun. didn't work. I modify mine and take all the air restrictors out so I just ended up with a sore face.
there's scope to use a nerf gun in a magic trick though, how about signed card to nerf dart :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:39 am

SimonC wrote:I tried a bullet catch with a nerf gun. didn't work. I modify mine and take all the air restrictors out so I just ended up with a sore face.
there's scope to use a nerf gun in a magic trick though, how about signed card to nerf dart :)
Holy hell! I used to have a bunch of Nerf guns. I tried modifying one (Autogrip) and it didn't work out; tried using a bunch of rubber bands to get the plunger to compress hellaciously fast. Didn't provide the results I liked.

I'm not exactly the best engineer.

But signed card to Nerf dart? I'd love to see it done. The old 'Lock & Load' pistol comes to mind, that thing was extremely efficient for what it did
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 am

Japan Magic has put up a new flyer for this year's Tenyos along with better description.
http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-1642.html

Looks like with Ghost Camera the chosen card appears in the hanky when the spectator takes a picture of it with their smartphone. I would assume there is a force involved here but still pretty neat.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am

I was thinking that with the Hanky! It uses the flash. I've seen shirts that do the same thing. Very cool!

The puzzle effect looks awesome. I want it.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:46 am

I'm actually going to get Ghost Camera. Sounds nutty, but it's going to happen.

That and Tiny Plunget are going to be my buys.
Where's my colon?!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:15 pm

Here's what ghost camera will look like (in hanky form of course)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZRDySxZVY

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:47 pm

That is so cool! I assume you will only be able to use one card? Or perhaps two (front and back of handkerchief)?

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:23 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:That is so cool! I assume you will only be able to use one card? Or perhaps two (front and back of handkerchief)?
It potentially could be 8.

One in each corner on both sides.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:16 pm

I am away for some days and all this wealth of information has been generated. Guys, you are just awesome!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Wow that is very cool. The Kameraflage T-Shirt idea is cool but a portable hanky is better as you don't have to be dressed the part.. I bet it is only one side and one card though. Could be 2 sides but then you will have to do a different type force and hope it works. :mrgreen:

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:41 pm

I figure it's only going to be 4-5 cards that you'll be using and that the hankerchief only has 1 result. But I think we're working with like a hybrid between Magic Butterfly and The Third Eye. Possibly have extra cards for the ambitious types.
Last edited by Brett H on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:43 pm

All right. I've been thinking about it all day, and I think that the 'Dog Box' has some sort of 'weighted door/panel' gimmick that has some sort of locking mechanism, but the mechanism is cleverly hidden in order to make it inspectable. The panel/doors are activated by moving the box downward/wrist motion. And because it's sponge dogs, it'll mask the 'noise'.

But you have 4 colored dogs. I can't figure out how you have free selection and produce that color. To me, it seems like it's taking some of the elements of Magic Butterfly and improving in it. But the consequence is that it sacrifices the butterfly box' utility aspect
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Are you sure it is a free selection? The description for future puzzle says it is a free choice but I'm not sure about doghouse. Would be great if it is of course. :)