Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by Brett H » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:46 pm

IIRC, Kaufman was saying that Tiny Plunger comes with its own USPCC sealed deck. We COULD be looking at a specially tempered gimmick deck, but I'm hedging against it.

If it's not the crimp and not the plunger (which it isn't), I'm really interested in seeing what the hell they did to make this the top pusher for the Japanese market
Where's my colon?!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:41 am

The Dog House trick really interests me the most. Though I believe I know somewhat how the trick is accomplished, it is the most “classic” looking of the 2016 line. The other three do not interest me at all…maybe Tiny Plunger a little bit. :-/

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:23 pm

I keep thinking of the Ghost Camera video published on Tenyo's page on Facebook. I was thinking that the handkerchief could be reflexive in the areas where the image of the card would show. That is, flash photography was necessary for the trick to work. But I can't imagine how the card image can slowly be formed while it is being filmed, as shown on that video.

If the video was not published on Tenyo's page, I would suppose it was just a mockup.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:17 am

I was thinking the same as you Alex, that there was some sort of reflective design that shows up with the flash.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:38 am

As I said before, I will buy every item. I think all have their advantages and disadvantages.

At least they are all 'special'. I don't have a camera trick yet, I really like the Tenyoesque nature of Dog House which can be combined with some sleight of hand or other 'sponge' tricks (Parabox to name one), the Tiny plunger should be fun and is also something I don't own yet, and the Puzzle box is once again a trick that's new to me, however the handling, as far as I can see, kind of gives away the secret.

So, I'm looking forward to all of next years releases.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 am

I think Future Puzzle can be done in a smoother manner than on that video. I'm just speculating but I am pretty sure you can dump out the pieces in a normal manner as on the back of the box. I think that "the move" is done when he takes out that first puzzle piece and afterwards the pieces can be dumped out normally.
Although I must admit I have no idea what "the move" is.

Also, Japanmagic's blog has write ups on 3 of the four tricks so far. He seems to say that Future Puzzle can be done in a natural manner, and that the box can be shown empty. He also says that although it is a free choice of any face card, the instructions provide a way to make it a choice of any card. At least that's what Google Translate says he says. ;)

With regards to the Tenyo's Ghost Camera video. Are there apps that can put the flash on slowly? Maybe the light starts off at a lower brightness and gradually gets brighter?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 am

The puzzle and especially the dog trick fool me badly. I will definitely get both of them.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Elliot, that is exactly what I thought. But using a Tenyo app that could control the flash (using a dimmer feature) would be too obvious. The audience would even be able to see the reflection on the handkerchief. On the other hand, if the flash is used just for photography, the reflection happens too fast to be noticed.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:11 pm

The "sections" of the case of the Dog trick remind me of the Tenyo "Prison Box."
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:54 pm

BluBob wrote:The "sections" of the case of the Dog trick remind me of the Tenyo "Prison Box."
I believe most of us have the same impression like you Bob. But the prop doesn`t change the position, it produce, transform and vanish the object. That fool me badly. :D

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Here's another video of Future Puzzle. I think this one is done a little smoother but for the some reason the bottom of the box is not finished?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:07 am

From all demos available for the Future Puzzle, I have a feeling that the first move on showing the very first piece of the puzzle is crucial before shaking the rest of the puzzle out from the box. Well I could be wrong.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:25 am

Now that is ONE HECK of a supicious looking box isn't it :?

The more I see this trick being performed, the less I like it ... .

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:52 am

looks like it'd be nice in wood ;)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:35 pm

SimonC wrote:looks like it'd be nice in wood ;)
Oh! You and your Jenzo Elite!

But I completely agree, wooded pieces and all; would be great to have in wood and on the table as a conversation piece.
Where's my colon?!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 am

The Doghouse is an excellent trick. I'm going to get at least two of this trick. My guess is that it works in a manner illustrated below. The collapsible loads are hidden between the sides of the gimmick(red) and the sides of the box, like a Jap box. The red gimmick moves from side to side and is controlled from the bottom of the box.
doghouse.jpg
I also like the other tricks but the least that I like is Future Puzzle unless the secret is not in the box. I am hoping that the principle is like the Tenyo Ghost Puzzle, a topological trick.

I am getting all of the 2016 collection as there are always lessons to learn in every Tenyo item.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:51 pm

I think it's pretty crazy that, unless you're getting all 4 Tenyo, NO ONE is interested in getting Future Puzzle.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:10 pm

I am actually most interested in Future Puzzle. It is the only one which I am not sure how it works. That makes it the most interesting to me.
I will take a wild guess though on how it works. How about the 7 puzzle pieces are clipped to the front inside of the box. When you take out that first puzzle piece you unclip 2 of them. When you turn the box over an extra piece of box covers the remaining pieces.
Do you think that it plausible or completely off?

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:53 pm

A taker in Future Puzzle?

That's the weird part about it is that it's the most baffling one, ironically enough.

I think that the description of 'free choice' in the official description is meant to throw us off.
I'm thinking there is some sort of force involved, but that doesn't explain the 'larger than 4D Printer' box.

The clips make sense. But I think they present too large a room for error for 'laymen-magicians'

Unless I'm picturing your description all wrong
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:21 pm

BobD wrote:The Doghouse is an excellent trick. I'm going to get at least two of this trick. My guess is that it works in a manner illustrated below. The collapsible loads are hidden between the sides of the gimmick(red) and the sides of the box, like a Jap box. The red gimmick moves from side to side and is controlled from the bottom of the box.
Very clever Bob ;) That`s why Tenyo used sponge object. I hope it will have also locking mechanism in order to prevent the secret compartment from shifting.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:07 am

I'm going off of Bob's explanation for the collapsible load and I've come to a couple of conclusions:

1) the mechanism has to lock in some way. And there has to be a couple or doors, meaning 3 compartments.
In this case, you could do 2 repeat routines in which you do the *dog force* and change the 3 dogs into one color. Find some way to force a second color and change them into a second color. Blow away some minds.
Anyway, with the compartment system, the mechanism (I'm convinced) is "switch" system. I believe that it's a sort of "Rolodex" type mechanism that locks after it reaches a certain point. I think that a small wheel would allow you to force the mechanisms up or down and allow to do them as slow or as fast as you want, meaning you can hide a bit of your finger motions if need be.

2) it's not examinable. This won't be a trick you can do while surrounded. You could probably get away with doing this in a restaurant strolling setting, but you'd get caught if you're busking. However, because of the gimmick positioning, I believe this is why you can flip the box and confuse spectators and 'get them off your tail' during your presentation.

My biggest issue with Dog House right now, is a possible fragility issue. By how deep the compartments are and the gimmick positioning, I'm worried that the mechanism itself would be too thin and fragile to handle extended wear or force upon the panels opening and closing after an extended period of time.

Just a few thoughts
Where's my colon?!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:25 am

Steve Cohen just posted about the translation of the instructions for 2016 releases:

"I just finished writing the final English instructions for the 2016 Tenyo products. There is a new addition to "Ghost Camera" using the video camera on your smartphone that looks great.

I've been working with Tenyo since 1997. It's hard to imagine that I've written up around 100 tricks since we started (including the bonus items for the upcoming Tenyo-ism book). I still love being the first person outside of Japan to receive these tricks in the mail each year. Makes me feel like a little kid."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:04 am

kellebotond wrote:Steve Cohen just posted about the translation of the instructions for 2016 releases:

"I just finished writing the final English instructions for the 2016 Tenyo products. There is a new addition to "Ghost Camera" using the video camera on your smartphone that looks great.

I've been working with Tenyo since 1997. It's hard to imagine that I've written up around 100 tricks since we started (including the bonus items for the upcoming Tenyo-ism book). I still love being the first person outside of Japan to receive these tricks in the mail each year. Makes me feel like a little kid."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
I feel like a goober since I didn't extend a proper 'thank you' for bringing up that information.

It's neat to see all 4 Tenyo together in one spot. I'm getting excited for October 6th. I don't know about you guys.

I remember last year, I played 'Tenyo-Twenty-Questions' in an effort to try and make the most educated descision on purchasing Tenyo that would be right for me. Well, I started doing that on other forums. However, I don't feel the need to do NEARLY as much question asking this year as it seems like the information we have gathered here has already brought a lot of light to all 4 tricks. Although I wish to share three questions that I asked that might be of use to you guys, if you wish to perform 'Ghost Camera' and 'Dog House' and 'Tiny Plunger:

Q: What material is the plunger handle for 'Tiny Plunger'?
A: Wood

Q:Can you fold up 'Ghost Camera' into, say, a pocket square?
A: Yes, but you need to have it in quarters for the actual trick to work.

Q: Can you use a handkerchief to cover the opening to 'Dog House' instead of the lid?
A: No. You need it to mask noise.

I know some of it seems rudimentary or inapplicable to you guys, but those were a couple of questions I needed to know in order to figure out which routines they would or could be a part of in my sets.

But the ability of being able to fold up 'Ghost Camera' into an 'innocent' pocket square for a nice jacket and ready to go at any time? NICE!
I figured the gimmick would turn it into another 'Phantoma'--unless it was only into quarters. What a deceptive little bugger that thing can be. You workers take note!

I DO want to play 'twenty-questions' with 'Tiny Plunger', but I felt doing so would have been pushing it (namely, I want to know if the Tenyo modifications made it an improvement upon the original like 'Ultimate Shocking Pen' did, or if the Tenyo 'Tiny Plunger' is just built to be more Laymen friendly).

Remember, remember. The sixth of...October.

It doesn't rhyme.

Have a great day everyone! I know the forums are a bit dead at the moment, but they'll pick up.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:26 am

Brett H wrote: Remember, remember. The sixth of...October.
Funny that you mentioned the exact date and month of my birthday. it is not an early announcement but it is really a coincidence :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:36 am

VictorS wrote:
Brett H wrote: Remember, remember. The sixth of...October.
Funny that you mentioned the exact date and month of my birthday. it is not an early announcement but it is really a coincidence :)
Hey now! Even more reason to celebrate the 6th of October! :)
Where's my colon?!