Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Pete1805

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Any one having a problem with tiny plunger instructions,you go to a site and enter the product id and a password i have tried a dozen tims and it keep saying its invalid :D

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:06 pm

Maybe the instructions are not ready yet.

If I remember correct, last year I think the instructions were not available until the tricks were released in America which I think has not happened yet.

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Received future puzzle today.

I'm so confused by why people don't like it... I think it's very clever! I was surprised to find it had no moving parts honestly. It sure fooled me in the demo.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:20 am

MadisonPresents wrote:Received future puzzle today.

I'm so confused by why people don't like it... I think it's very clever! I was surprised to find it had no moving parts honestly. It sure fooled me in the demo.
I have mixed feelings between love and disappointment after exploring the future puzzle. And suddenly many things pop up in my mind. I love the effect because it is something new and unique with the puzzle. The effect is good. it is a single "free choice" card revelation. I believe you will built a perfect story for it, Madison ;) How about : Magic and Puzzle ? We as magician usually love magic and puzzle. This is a perfect combination for that.

The quality of the box and especially the puzzle pieces are excellent. It is Tenyo !! No doubt. But what bothers me a lot is the box. It is so "dirty" because it`s full of exposed "loads" and very angle sensitive. I think I will never perform the effect with the box unless on you tube or television because of the angle issue. Well I haven`t tried it yet but I lost my confidence already. Maybe I will try once. It is impossible to answer "yes" if the spec ask : May I see the box ? I strongly believe Tenyo can do better for this. The size, construction of the box, the loading method could be modified in more "cleaner" way. Sure the creative brains in this forum will come up with something different, something more simple, natural or organic ;) Regarding the size of the box, it would say it is "huge". It is like putting 6 rabbits into the elephant cage. To solve this : we should find a reason why we need such a big box only for six pieces of puzzle. Maybe adding a deck of card in the box will be a solution or maybe other objects /props we want to perform before we perform the puzzle trick.

As I said,I had a mixed feeling for this and here is my honest feedback. For the effect, I would rate it high but not for the box and the method.

Vic

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:32 am

I have the instructions for the other 3 tricks but kept saying the password was invalid for tiny plunger.I will try again :D

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:28 am

Pete1805 wrote:I have the instructions for the other 3 tricks but kept saying the password was invalid for tiny plunger.I will try again :D
I had no problems downloading the Tiny Plunger instructions. I can send them to you if you want :)

And, by the way, glad that you are back!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 am

I understand the mixed emotion, Vic!

I will say I showed it to my girlfriend and she was stunned. She had no idea how it worked.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 am

Sure Madison...I should make a test for future puzzle again. I believe tenyo has made some test run before they release it. Sometimes magician like me thinks too complicated :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 am

Ok guys, before I finish my day, I should confess that my negative review was wrong and Madison was right :) I finally performed the future puzzle 2 times with different spectators with only minimum practice and very bad handling but they were surprise and speechless. There are so many layers of uniqueness on this trick that I didn`t expect before. Thanks a lot for bring up this topic Madison ;)

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Thanks Rob.Victor sent them to me via email.I to like Future Puzzle showed it to a friend he was amazed. :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Just finally had a chance to open my tricks and play with them for a very brief while. No performances yet. i'll be writing a review of each on my website as I do every year. I had no problems downloading any of the instructions. My first impressions:

- Future Puzzle: well, this thing is angle sensitive as h*ll. And the box can not be examined of course, and as mentioned above, it's BIG :geek: . But, after reading the reviews above I'll give it a go this weekend. I really like the handling by Mr. Sato where you're able to 'use' an entire deck of cards.
- Doghouse: typical Tenyo. Not 'super', but decent. Non examinable (but it does 'lock', well, sort of ...). Perhaps the easiest one to do, not sure yet.
- Tiny Plunger: my favourite. I love it. I didn't have the original of course. This will be very amusing and fun to perform. I really like Tenyo's extra gimmick - works flawlesly.
- Ghost Hank: another great one. The routine with the coins is what makes this so great in my opinion. Non examinable, and you really need to watch the way you hold the handkerchief, especially where there is a lot of light.

Overall a good year :) But ... i need to perform first (and practice!) before I can really 'judge' these new items.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:10 pm

As far as performing Future Puzzle on YouTube versus actual people is going to vary GREATLY. It sounds like it would be an excellent social trick.

It's the only Tenyo this year I'm not getting, but I'm trying to drum up a routine for it.
Where's my colon?!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:12 pm

I just wanted to mention this about future puzzle:

There's no need to tilt the lid forward as you remove it (as the instructions show.) you can just pick the lid straight up. The suction from within will cause the piece to go where it needs to go. (Hopefully that makes since to those that have it.)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:44 pm

MadisonPresents wrote:Received future puzzle today.

I have this love/hate relationship with Ghost Card. It's an excellent effect, but has limitations that force it to not work where the effect would be best displayed.

Specifically, it's a trick that CAN play from the pockets and work great in a close up setting. However, due to fragility issues, you can't carry it and it's relegated to working in a small show setting where the transport and prep is easily accommodated, but the 'area of effect' is lost.

I feel the same way about Future Puzzle, except that the limitation is SIZE. The size of the prop is big enough to work in a small show, but the effect is WAY too small for a show; it's better in a close up setting. That sort of disproportion veers me away. Which stinks because it's effect is by far the most amazing of the 2016 line. I feel it has limitations that would prevent me from using it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the effect and the true free choice. It's just disproportionate for what it does.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:39 am

has anyone already suggested incorporating the gimmick from phantoma hanky into the ghost card hanky? that could be cool.
I haven't got my 2016 range yet but I'm hoping to help with the size issue of future puzzle by making a wooden replacement box. I just need to get my hands on one first to see how it works. watch this space... ;)
Now you see me...

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:04 am

Are you having trouble with the Mystery Doghouse wherein the loads are prematurely exposing themselves? It happened to me several times while playing with it. I have not performed it yet in front of an audience but if do I need to hold on to the box till the end of the routine to insure against exposure.

I want to be able to handle the box freely so I studied the locking mechanism. The locking mechanism is located at the bottom of the box. It can be seen from the outside if you press and move the gimmicked panel from side to side. The panel is unlocked when it is still bent. That is why my doghouse may still be unlocked even if I heard the click. The Tenyo instruction states that we need to apply more pressure to lock it in place if we use more loads but this will only bend the panel more and it will slide off.

My method for doing the secret move is to press the middle of the panel and to move it to the desired position and then pull or push the panel from the SIDE to make sure it locks in place.

If you study the bottom of the box you will understand what I am trying to say. Remember that the panel is unlocked when it is bent in the middle.

You can shake the box when it is secretly loaded if you want to make the sponge puppies expand more but you cannot shake it when it is not loaded because the gimmick will make a sound.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:26 am

WOW..thanks for the tips Bob...sure I will try this out ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Thanks Madison and Victor for your comments about Future Puzzle! That made me decide to order this Tenyo too!
And thank you BobD for your observations about the handling of the Mystery Doghouse!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Thanks Madison and Victor for your comments about Future Puzzle! That made me decide to order this Tenyo too!
And thank you BobD for your observations about the handling of the Mystery Doghouse!
You`re most welcome Rob. I think you will love it. The "dirty, sneaky, tricky, ingenious and innocent" parts of this trick makes this trick very unique. It feels like playing "hide and seek" and make something funny on someone`s back but the victim never realize it. You will know why :D By the way, just additional tips : the future puzzle is suitable for 1 to 1 trick (1 magician to 1 spec or maybe max 2 or 3) We will have angle issue performing this in the crowd. Ensure also your performance surface (table, close up mat, etc ) clean for more durability of the props.

So...HAVE FUN !!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Performed Future Puzzle for my mom tonight. She was dumbfounded. She wanted me to do it again so I quickly reset and did it again. She was clueless; she was absolutely, incredible amazed.

Also, I've seen some people say the size of the box is weird considering how few pieces there are. Today, I said that the box used to contain enough puzzle pieces to make a full deck of cards, but I lost all of the pieces except these.

Just tried to add a bit of logic to the larger box.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:07 am

nice touch :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:58 am

Great thoughts Madison. What a nice simple solution. Thanks ;)

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:26 am

Welcome guys!

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:22 pm

So ive had the new Tenyo effects now for about 2 weeks and over this time4 ive had chance to properly work on them, I must say this year is a perfect one, Each one is a joy and a wonder to present and the ingenuity behind them is just outstanding. I useually had a order of effects from good to bad but tbh i dont think i can so

Looking forward to trying them out on friends.

Jay

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:55 am

Made an order at seomagic can't wait for them to arrive!
Mostly interested in the future puzzle!!!:)