I performed some tricks last night ...

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
JohnM
Site Admin

I performed some tricks last night ...

Post by JohnM » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:55 pm

… at a family dinner party.

I did Mystery Dog House (the 2nd Routine on the SEO video) for my 3 year old grand niece. She was mildly amused. I then did the Ghost Camera for my 20 something year old nieces and nephews and their friends to very enthusiastic approval. "No Way" "Wait, Really" and I did it a second time so they had two revelations on their phones to think about. I put the Ghost Camera hanky in my magic carry bag for ever. I was thinking of not even getting this one to perform, because I do not carry a cell phone but this is so generic (not phone specific) that it could be used for many years to come.

I did not bring the Puzzle because I knew I would be surrounded and I did not have confidence with the Tiny Plunger. I am having problems lifting the half of deck. Is anyone else having problems? I tried it on the Ghost Camera hanky to no avail.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: I performed some tricks last night ...

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

the key with tiny plunger is the surface you perform
it on, and the b******r c***p. remember in waxy o Connors I used a beer towel, that worked nicely as there was a lot of air around the cards.
I think the ghost camera trick looks the closest to what a lot of to magic is at the moment, and the fact you can use a borrowed phone really makes it workable. sounds like you scored some seriously cool uncle points ;)
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Great to see Ghost Camera worked out well. Just curious did you take the picture using their phone or did you let them take the picture?

Like Simon said the surface is important for Plunger. When I tried it on a cloth tablecloth I think I was able to do half a deck fairly well. A full deck was pretty tough. I was able to do it but not very consistently.
I don't really do either when when I perform the trick because the spectator will see you lift a large amount of cards when you find their card anyway.
The only problem I had was that after handing the trick to family members to try, a card or two would become slightly bent and would cause the wrong amount of cards to be lifted. The cards really have to be kept in perfect condition.

A little surprised Doghouse didn't go over as well. Seems to be a perfect trick for little kids but maybe 3 is a little too young.

Speaking of doghouse, anyone know how this is done? I see what is done in the beginning but I think I am still missing something.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:31 am

Elliot W. wrote: Speaking of doghouse, anyone know how this is done? I see what is done in the beginning but I think I am still missing something.
I have not tried this but maybe there is a double sided scotch tape on the inside of the cover near the narrow edge. The tape loads the 3rd ball and steals the 1st ball.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:22 am

WARNING: The blue puppies will soil the others. Store the puppies in 4 separate plastic bags. I tried to keep the colors separated in each compartment but still some of the puppies tranformed into Dalmatians.

The Ghost Camera was the least trick that I like among the 2016 release because the handkerchief is very stiff and image can be seen even without the flash. When I went home during the holidays my magician friend wanted to see the trick. I left the handkerchief in Manila so I have to open my second copy. I was surprise to see that the handkerchief has none of the defects of the first one. I think the handkerchiefs were silk screened with a special paint and some of them has more paint than others.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 am

Interesting Bob. I am currently writing my reviews for my website and Ghost Camera has been a huge disapointment because the images are clearly visible in daylight (I tried it out 3 times for 3 different persons ... .
Also thanks for the advice about Doghouse - a trick I like a lot but the quality is so-so ... the 'locking' of the gimmick sometimes fails ... .
I'll take your experience/advice with me for my review if you don't mind.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 am

It is interesting that they still have this issue with the blue sponges leaving stains on the others. I thought they have solved this issue for the new dog trick.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:53 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Interesting Bob. I am currently writing my reviews for my website and Ghost Camera has been a huge disapointment because the images are clearly visible in daylight (I tried it out 3 times for 3 different persons ... .
Also thanks for the advice about Doghouse - a trick I like a lot but the quality is so-so ... the 'locking' of the gimmick sometimes fails ... .
I'll take your experience/advice with me for my review if you don't mind.
David, you are free to use anything that I have posted in this forum. As for the locking mechanism of the gimmick in the Doghouse, I did a study of it and posted it somewhere in this forum.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 am

Thanks Bob - Yes, I found your post about it. I'll be sure to try this out since I completely forgot you gave that advice some time ago :oops: !

Indeed Botond, this is probably due to the chemical/colorant used for the blue balls. There are several possibilities. In any case, let's just keep our blue sponge dogs (and balls in Parabox) away from the other colors :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:58 am

Elliot W. wrote:Great to see Ghost Camera worked out well. Just curious did you take the picture using their phone or did you let them take the picture?
I let them all take the picture with their own phones at the same time.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:46 pm

John, it was a 'dinner party', and I suspect due to the season this was inside :) Were the lightning conditions dark, bright, in between, ... ?

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:36 pm

It was a rather brightly lit restaurant.