Steam

Here you can post information about anything that you think your fellow members will be interested in.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Steam

Post by SimonC » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:27 pm

Has anyone got steam 2.0 by paul Harris, I'm totally intrigued by the trailer but want a second opinion on whether it's worth getting
Si
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Re: Steam

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 am

hI Simon in the video at the bar the girl places the card face down on the table then it is covered with an envelope whick held the card then tha magician pick up the envelope to write the prediction.i wonder if the envelope is treated with something and also in the add it states you get 100 special buisness cards.it must be somekind of duplication but how,and refills will be available.i could understand if the card was face up covered with envelope you could use light sensitve envelopes but the card is face down.and i think you have to use a sharpi because it is bold. :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:31 pm

yeah there's a few cuts in the trailer! I was thinking some substance that reacts with the vapours from the sharpie? it's bugging me!
Now you see me...

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 pm

I wonder if a sharpie pen gives of heat cos of the alcohol in them and carbon,I have some envelopes which when you touch them become slightly see through they are part of a trick whe the spectator writes something on a card with a sharpie and placed in the envelope, then the performer holds it in his hand fore about 12 sseconds and is able to see the writing on the card.but in steam the card is face down still baffled. :D

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Also on the cafe it mentions that the resolution of the duplicat is affected by ambient temp and other variables. :D

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi Simon,

Check this out too
http://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=50450

It works like a scanner but non electronic....even I would say quicker than scanner.just one tab and you have it all. I believe it works also similar to stem but stem looks more organic.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:36 am

I can't get the link on my iPad but if you search Steam Revealed on Youtube you will learn the method. M3ntal Magic is also the same person who exposed Tenyo Clear Surprise. He has exposed several good tricks. Do not patronized his web site, just watch or download his videos.

anthonymarconi

Post by anthonymarconi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi, I have Steam and love it. It's one of those "So simple, yet so mystifying effects". I don't do a lot of mentalism or adult walk around so I've only had a few chances to use it, but the response has proven to be worth the price. I'll be glad to share more about it if you're interested.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:27 am

Thanks Anthony. I think I've worked out the method (and materials ;) good to hear it works well when performed :)
Now you see me...