Tricks co japan.

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
gazpratley
Charter Member

Tricks co japan.

Post by gazpratley » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:41 am

hey guys I have been looking at a lot of Tricks co magic tricks of late, and I must say some of them look very cool indeed, I may even buy a few (funds permitting). I am very interested in zig zag tricks and I am aware that Tricks co japan made a version of zig zag card,where the card is a lady, I think its called zig zag lady parade, I just wondered if this trick is worth getting? if any of you fine guys and gals have this and could give me a bit of an insight it would be very much appreciated. :) Gaz ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Tricks co japan.

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:41 am

I believe it is basically the same effect as this.

I own a very cheap version of it that came in an also very cheap magic set last year (it's actually a micro size version but works very well!). I think it's great and super easy to do (I do use it quite often if someone visits my magic room and wants to see something :) ) - it works different than the classic and well known (and cheap) zig zag card trick.
From what I read in the discription the Tricks Co. version comes with three different routines/cards, which perhaps makes it slightly better. Also, imo, the frame of Tricks Co.'s version looks more deceptive than the other versions, which is also nice.

My set cost 10 EURO I believe. That would make the trick in it worth, well, 1 EURO? But it isn't Tricks Co. of course ;) I've looked for the set for sale but am unable to find it unfortunately ... . It was called something like 'One meter of magic' I believe (the box measured one meter ;) ), I took a picture of it and posted it somewhere on the forum ... .

EDIT - found the photo - here's my wife holding the box :) (she bought it for me at a famous European 'Wallmart' kind of shop which is called Carrefour)

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:35 pm

I may have to buy the zig xag lady parade, many thanks for the info david and the vidio

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:47 am

I have this trick. Please keep in mind that this is a very large item, meant for stage. I had some trouble performing it, it is primarily made of cardboard, I had to reglue it because it wasn't loodrecht anymore.
I am not so fond of it and I like more the version David mentions in the video if Roberto. Supersmooth working and there is an extra surprise that is not included in Roberto's version, probably because you have to switch a card.
Card switches are also necessary at the Tricks version no big deal however.
But what disappointed me in the Tricks version: it is large and it is made from cardboard. But the design is great!

There are way better Tricks effects IMHO.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:54 pm

Thank you for your input Rob :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:29 pm

And oh yes sorry for the Dutch word loodrecht.
I meant it was bent so I had to 'break' it open and reglue it.
If you still want it you can buy it from me, it is including the original instructions.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi Gaz,

some pics for your better overview ;)

Same like Rob, this trick is unique in design and routines but somehow need some improvement on the material although I believe they have chosen a high quality of cardboard. But we need some extra handling to make it smooth. Not a bad trick but also not the best, still good to add this into the collection.

By the way, if you are interested on Tricks props, David made a link on his website and you can download the old catalog from Tricks. Maybe you already aware about this, if not, enjoy :) Here is the link :
http://www.tenyo.be/other.html
you can scroll down to Tricks section and go to "Their Magic Catalog" there you will find the link ;)

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:06 am

If you are interested in Zig Zag tricks you will like to know that Tricks Co. have a finger zig zag micro illusion.......is a very interesting piece of apparatus......will try to make a video of it soon.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 am

cheers victor and Roberto!!

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:11 am

Roberto B. wrote:If you are interested in Zig Zag tricks you will like to know that Tricks Co. have a finger zig zag micro illusion.......is a very interesting piece of apparatus......will try to make a video of it soon.

Sounds very interesting.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:00 am

If anyone is interested in a Zig Zag lady, Tricksupply has a few for sale!
https://tricksupply.com/product/zigzag- ... tricks-co/

One of the best versions of this classic trick there is.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:52 pm

I have this trick, (Zig Zag Lady Parade, by Tricks Co.) and like it very much.
It looks great in the display case, and is easy to do.
Although it is made of heavy cardboard as mentioned, it works well, and is a fun prop.
If I had to give it a rating between 1 and 10, it would be a 5, or 6.
and now, on with the show ...

Mark_Ratekin

Post by Mark_Ratekin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 am

Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive listing of Tricks, Co. effects (similar to the T-listing for Tenyo)? I have quite a few Tricks, Co. items, but I have no idea how extensive my collection is.

I'd also be interested in learning more about Tricks, Co. - how did they come into being, and what happened to the company?

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Blubob, Are the “lady” insert cards also made of cardboard or are they plastic?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 pm

KirkW wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:01 pm
Blubob, Are the “lady” insert cards also made of cardboard or are they plastic?
They are cardboard, Kirk.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:26 am

Mark_Ratekin wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 am
Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive listing of Tricks, Co. effects (similar to the T-listing for Tenyo)? I have quite a few Tricks, Co. items, but I have no idea how extensive my collection is.

I'd also be interested in learning more about Tricks, Co. - how did they come into being, and what happened to the company?
I once wrote an article on my website about Tricks Co. Japan. See here (scroll down to about half way the page).
The link to the catalog is failing however, I need to reupload it.

tomvason258

Post by tomvason258 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Does anyone on here remember the name of a Tricks Co Japan item that was similar to Tenyo's Invisible Zone, except you put your finger through it?

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:21 pm

tomvason258 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Does anyone on here remember the name of a Tricks Co Japan item that was similar to Tenyo's Invisible Zone, except you put your finger through it?
I collect Tricks Co. Japan magic but I don’t believe I’ve seen this one. I hope someone who has responds because now I’m curious.

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:22 am

tomvason258 wrote:
You might be thinking of this https://www.ebay.com/itm/274590522033
Simon from Aus (but English)

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 am

tomvason258 wrote:
I have this one....it's a cool micro illusion....I promised a video some years ago, but still pending...will post some photos here.