Magicians finger

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Magicians finger

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 am

There a MF on eBay for £35 at the moment (and a mystery china box for £90, still out of league but the sellers if colchester, 5mins up the road from me, I may just oh and rob him this evening)
Are there any videos for MF? I'm not convinced by it. Also is the finger metal?
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Magicians finger

Post by SimonC » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 am

Just found a vid. Not impressed. The gold finger looks cool tho
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:12 pm

The gold finger is actually only half a finger glued down to the bottom of the case. Not sure if it is metal or painted plastic though.
The video pretty much shows what it is. Maybe someone could come up with an interesting routine for this, but in the meantime I have to say this is one of my least favorite Tenyo tricks.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:34 am

I have one but I did not open it. Some people consider it as the worst Tenyo trick that they have purchased.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:55 am

It is better to spend your money on other Tenyo items. I have a copy or similar with this item and i just wasted my money.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:07 am

As I thought, thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I did this when I was 8 with a matchbox and some cotton wool.
What would be cool would be to paint the top half of your finger gold too, and just keep your hand palm up before hand. Maybe at phase ask them to touch the metal finger (it should be cold and hard) then at phase two do the same and see them get weirded out as it's turned warm and soft.
Bit of a weird one.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:28 am

It is not the regular matchbox-with-cotton-wool Tenyo made, it has an extra panel that can be locked or released (which you guys know I suppose ;) ). I don't think it's such a bad trick to be honest ... certainly not Tenyo's worst trick ever. That would be China Surprise :)

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:15 am

The only thing that I dont like about Magician's Finger is that the cotton pad will become dirty. Other than that, I think that it is a good trick. I like the unorthodox method used to change paper to money.

Here is my presentation of the trick. I place the box on the table, open the box, remove the paper, and tell some wierd stories about the golden finger. I ask a spectator to stroke the fingernail of the finger and of course nothing happens. I show the piece of paper and explain that it is used to cover the finger so that it is in partial darkness when it is stroked. The golden finger must not be under direct light when stroked in order of the magic to work.

I hold the box in the right hand and have the spectator stroke the fingernail of the golden finger while I hold the paper in place with the left hand. The golden finger is stroked undercover of the paper so that the spectator cannot see the finger. I show both sides of the cover and cover the box. When the box is opened the paper has turned into money.

I explained that if I do it again it will change into a larger denomination. I cover the box and when it is opened the bill remains the same. I tell the spectator that she forgot to stroke the fingernail and ask her to do so. As she strokes the fingernail I slide the bill forward so that she is stroking a real finger. The spectator is shocked and will immediately move their hand away from the finger. The real finger is seen for not more than 3 seconds and covered again with the bill. The plastic lid now is used to cover the box and the spectator is told that what they have witness is just an illusion and did not really happen. The box is opened and the paper and finger are shown to be what it was in the beginning.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:42 pm

ok now I want one
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:35 pm

SimonC wrote:ok now I want one
Save your money for Illusion Truck first!

Magicians Finger is super easy to find NEW.
David DeTenyo wrote: certainly not Tenyo's worst trick ever. That would be China Surprise :)
I swear, I'm going to buy it, use it, and make a video one day. It's all in the presentation!

Then again, maybe I should buy it before shooting my mouth off.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:57 am

I just performed this for my wife, for the very first time I may add, just as a quick practice for my little performance for the little niece this afternoon at Eastern dinner. And to my surprise she loved it! She also thought the 'real' finger was actually a plastic one, so she was very surprised when I started to move it :lol:
Another trick I thought nothing of, which actually is very fun for spectators it seems :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 am

Talking about finger magic...has anyone tried Little Hand from Michael Ammar ? It is something fun to perform :) A little bit freaky, funny, cute assistant who can vanish a coin :) :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6C0xnpJmeU

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Anyone know a good place to buy a magicians finger? I'm sold on te idea now!
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:20 pm

SimonC wrote:Anyone know a good place to buy a magicians finger? I'm sold on te idea now!
Try here. Goes for less than $30
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:26 pm

where?! ;)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:38 pm

SimonC wrote:where?! ;)