First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Re: First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Jaime C. wrote:I am feeling excited to get these items on my hand especially the Magic Butterfly it looks great and performable, will work well at the restaurant i guess.

Thanks a lot Elliot :D
Would it replace your Bird Watcher?
Where's my colon?!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:25 pm

brett H wrote:Would it replace your Bird Watcher?
Bird Watcher Too is still my favorite to perform at my work place in fact the colors of the birds are already fading and loosing their feathers too :lol: (over use)

Hopefully this coming Magic Butterfly can help my Bird Watcher Too :D
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Jaime C. wrote:
brett H wrote:Would it replace your Bird Watcher?
Bird Watcher Too is still my favorite to perform at my work place in fact the colors of the birds are already fading and loosing their feathers too :lol: (over use)

Hopefully this coming Magic Butterfly can help my Bird Watcher Too :D
To help out your Bird Watcher Too. I would recommend getting the clear UltraPro card sleeves.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:41 pm

I include one Ultra Pro card sleeve with Bird Watcher Too and Think A Drink, but the card holders fall apart after carrying them around a few times. The Bird Watcher Too printed on the plastic cards will hold up really well. Jaime ordered two so he should be set.

Shan

Post by Shan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks for the info!!!
Has anyone preorder yet?

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:43 pm

JohnM wrote:I include one Ultra Pro card sleeve with Bird Watcher Too and Think A Drink, but the card holders fall apart after carrying them around a few times. The Bird Watcher Too printed on the plastic cards will hold up really well. Jaime ordered two so he should be set.
I saw the sleeve and it took me back to my Magic: The Gathering and Yugioh days.

I was thinking of placing my cards in an UltraPro and then put them in the super sturdy Top Loaders.

At least this is my solution for performing it in hospitals
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I won't until I see some pics, I want to sort the mystery china boxes from the 4D printers ;)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:03 pm

SimonC wrote:I won't until I see some pics, I want to sort the mystery china boxes from the 4D printers ;)
Elliot W. wrote:They have now put up (really small) pictures!
Great escape
Magic Butterfly
Alchemy of magic
Security of Magic
Super coin Magic

I also notice that they have an English language site amiami.com and they ship internationally. Very tempted to preorder at these prices. Should come out to about $55 including the cheap shipping for the 4 main tricks.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:15 pm

how the f**k did i miss those pictures?! SOM I definitely the Lubor effect in the video. I like the look of the butterfly effect, I see now what the AOM/squeeze play comparisons mean, I agree (and am perhaps a little disappointed)
the dude on super coin magic is what I'll look like if we ever make it to Amsterdam
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Siusiuc wrote:Thanks for the info!!!
Has anyone preorder yet?
I MIGHT pre order magic butterfly.

Three questions regarding Butterfly:
1) is the box compact enough to fit in a jacket pocket
2) is it a trick that would need a lengthy reload after use
3) are there any tricks out there that might be similar to Butterfly?

I would honestly like to see them all performed first. I'm still not on board with Security of Magic.

Lubor is a genius, don't get me wrong, but I can't get on board with this one
Last edited by Brett H on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:28 pm

I bought the card trick training video that Tenyo put out by Fujii Akira (who is mentioned in the title for the 5th trick) due to a recommendation on another website.

I just recently opened it and it is not very good for me. I thought there would be a gimmick to enable me to perform the Cards from Mouth shown on the package but there is not. Just a sealed deck of Bicycle cards and a Japanese Language DVD. I went through the DVD to try and find the demonstration on how to do the Cards from Mouth trick but could not find it. Maybe it is there and I just missed it. My idea was to possibly use it with Ghost Card or do a Tenyo Biological Set with this trick and others like Bio Shock, Oh No!, Magician's Finger, etc.

Needless to say this was not a good recommendation and for sure it is not "Hard to Find" as the original poster claimed and OliverM points out later in the thread. I am pretty sure the original poster had an ulterior motive as usual. Not cool.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 pm

I've seen this around but didn't think I'd understand the DVD so I passed on it. It looks like they are making this a series. Maybe they can get Steve Cohen to dub some English audio on the next one while he is doing the English instructions .:)

I am seriously thinking about pre-ordering the new tricks. I am just wondering if the Alchemy trick is currency specific. I'd like to know if it works well with US coins or if there will be a separate US version.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Elliot W. wrote:I've seen this around but didn't think I'd understand the DVD so I passed on it. It looks like they are making this a series. Maybe they can get Steve Cohen to dub some English audio on the next one while he is doing the English instructions .:)

I am seriously thinking about pre-ordering the new tricks. I am just wondering if the Alchemy trick is currency specific. I'd like to know if it works well with US coins or if there will be a separate US version.
That is a good question. I hope we aren't dealing with another Vault Vision
Where's my colon?!

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:51 am

Prices are very good!!! Very cheap Indeed!!
I would order all but what is keeping me from doing it is the word tentative preorder....
I wonder does that mean it's not sure the product will be reserved for us?

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:23 am

I bitt the bullet and pre ordered the 5,had to register etc.they dont take payment untill items are in stock,and
shipping costs not mentioned yet,but items due late october ,but no info as to where they ship :D

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:57 pm

I found this but I don't know how heavy all 5 will be:)
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 am

Previous sets were about .8kg. The above chart is for EMS shipping which is very fast and has great tracking.

They also seem to offer SAL Small Packet which, for a .8 kg package would be 880 yen and take about 2 weeks.
Add another 400yen or so if you want insurance and delivery confirmation.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:45 am

Yes i went for EMS, shipping will be calculated at a later date,there not in stock yet so will have to be weighed
its quite exciting waiting for a complete new set of tenyo tricks,like being a child again :D

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 am

It seems someone on this forum will be the first to get the Tenyo set outside Japan :) I'm not going to buy them at that website however, the lack of instructions in English is the main reason.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:24 am

Jast had this email

Dear peter moore,

Thank you for placing an order with AmiAmi!

At the moment, your pre-order

is in queue, and we have yet to find out if we can secure your order.
It usually takes about one to two weeks before we know its availability,
as we might have to contact several distributors.
Please be patient, and wait for our next mail. We will contact you
as soon as possible.

In the unfortunate case that the item is all reserved at our
distributors, we won't be able to offer you the item.
Please excuse us when this occurs. :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:57 am

I always find it's good to keep expectations nice and low ;)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:59 am

I will buy the new Tenyo's when they arrive at my local magic shop. I am a patient man.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:32 am

I was very patient up to the age of 60 then it went down hill from there.Merlins of wakefield are going to
stock them so they told me, im not commited to get them from the far east.just have to wait and see. :D

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:15 pm

The Great Escape!

My Interpretation using the translated Japanese description and the info in the picture
A die is placed on a hard metal plate and then on a black surface that has a flexible part to it. The flexible part is wrapped around the die/plate/black surface and fastened with a binder clip. The die passes through the metal plate in a slow but very visible manner.

Raw Japanese Translation
I wonder very from the state walnut with a cloth dice was loaded on a hard metal plate was fully enclosed, it passes through the metal plate, dice will to escape! How to go through slowly so visible.

Magic Butterfly

My Interpretation using the translated Japanese description and the info in the picture
The spectator is shown 4 cards with different colored butterflies on them. Their choice is stuck with a pin and covered with a box. The white box has a butterfly inside that matches the card. It is gimmicked.

Raw Japanese Translation
It will appear in a state in which the butterfly of color ... opponent chose was stuck in pin and covered with a box to the sample box nothing entered! Magic fantastic surprise was achieved by a novel gimmick!

Alchemy of Magic

This is a two phase routine. A metal ball is placed between two black disks. When the disks are pressed together the ball is flattened into a metal disk. When the metal disk is rubbed, it changes to a coin.

Raw Japanese Translation
Become a round metal plate by collapse and crush it across the disk balls of metal, it is an interesting magic that changes in two steps in front of me will change to 500 yen coin genuine and rub it further.

Security of Magic

The latest from the genius mind of Lubor Fielder. A transparent green envelope with a faux credit card is given to the spectator. The spectator cannot remove the card from the envelope but the magician can.

Raw Japanese Translation
The moment I put the magic key to ask crowded press the card in a transparent file, it is very strange myself so taken out normally opponent receives it from the other side! Will no longer eject the card. Latest genius creator, of the louver-Fiddler!

Super Coin Magic (This is a Japanese only item and not a T-Number)

A coin magic DVD with demonstrations and explainations by Akira Fujii. The DVD is 39 minutes long and includes 7 or 8 coin tricks.

Raw Japanese Translation
You remember it gently with a DVD coin magic that is Fujiiakira plays actually. Fujiiakira contents DVD has politely explained "500 yen coin is greater!" Coin magic other seven using a precision metal jumbo coin and the accompanying coin in your hand "performer:! Fujiiakira demonstration and explanation about 39 minutes

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:41 am

Thanks John.

My personal opinions (if you can call them like that since I don't have the tricks of course ;) ):

The Great Escape - could this be some kind of Die Through Mirror-principle? Perhaps made a bit easier with the clip? In any case I think this one will be great, especially because I sold my Die Through Mirror last year and actually regert selling it :)

Magic Butterfly - Marked cards and a special something (in the box?) to reveal the correct color butterfly? I like this one too.

Alchemy Of Magic - As I wrote before, this seems a bit like Squeeze Play but brought to a higher level with a kicker ending. I do hope a European (and USA) version will be available. Like it :)

Security Of Magic - Something made by Lubor Fiedler uses an opticle principle. I see two sleeves, I hope the performer doesn't have to switch the 'normal' sleeve with the 'gimmicked' one during the performance ... .

Super Coin Magic - this will be in Japanese language of course, so nothing for me to buy.

All of the items this year are really close-up, I like that. Also, while not really being 'organic', the appearence of most tricks seems not that toy-ish which could be a plus.
I do wonder what items may be examined before and/or after the trick.

In any case there's not one single item I don't like for now.