Silk From Hanky Misprint

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
anthonymarconi

Silk From Hanky Misprint

Post by anthonymarconi » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:05 pm

I was going through some of my Tenyo effects and came across this. The box is clearly for the T10 Silk From Hanky, but the description is for the Rainbow Silks. The effect was bought at Disney World many years ago and still has a $2.50 sticker on it (was probably $1.00 anywhere else lol).

My questions are, does anyone have any information about this? Does anyone else own one? Was it a one time fluke, or did hundreds get printed like this? ANY info will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Anthony

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Silk From Hanky Misprint

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:59 am

I can't help you with that - I do own T-10, but a later version I'm sure. The manual was the proper one.
Rainbow Silks is actually one of the few items I'm still missing to complete my T-number collection. For some reason they tend to sell for (very) high prices and the days I spent fortunes on Tenyo items (the rare ones, and also the ones I never, ever use ;) ) for the sake of completing my collecting have long gone ... .

anthonymarconi

Post by anthonymarconi » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Thanks David. I should clarify, It's the description on the actual box that's different than the name on the box. I'll see if I can figure out how to attach a couple photos.
Well I hope that worked.

Thanks again. And if I come across another rainbow silks I'll give you a shout.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:06 pm

I believe the first run had this misprint. I have one of these and John has one as well which you can see here:
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/t001-t010-2/#t010

I'm not sure whether they were ever printed with the correct text. Later versions of the box had pictures.

Also the original run came with a metal thumb tip as opposed to plastic which is used now.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:10 am

This is interesting. Our John mentioned the same issue in Planet Tenyo too in the Rainbow Silk section.
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/t021-t030/#t023
The Silk from Hanky has somehow close relationship with Rainbow Silk to support the effect.

anthonymarconi

Post by anthonymarconi » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:34 am

Thank you Victor. I saw the picture and at least now know mine is not exclusive. Was hoping it was, because misprints and errors are so rare it may have driven the value as a collectable higher.