First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by SimonC » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 am

reading that on my iPhone at 7am, I thought for a second you had written 'but they will be available for predator'
I was thinking, what makes him so special, he wouldn't even be able to perform them with his massive hands. it's been a looong week
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:01 pm

SimonC wrote:reading that on my iPhone at 7am, I thought for a second you had written 'but they will be available for predator'
I was thinking, what makes him so special, he wouldn't even be able to perform them with his massive hands. it's been a looong week

I caught this post too late

I was going to tell you to get back in bed. 7am is too early to Internet.
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:56 pm

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:26 pm

OOOOHHHHHHH.....!!
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh snap! The Tenyo has landed! I have so many questions!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:33 pm

thats very exciting :) I took a look, I can see the thumbnails but I cant make them bigger it says "this page does not exist"
Its great to finally see the new range in MSF (Mazza Standardised Format) - Cutting mat and venetian blinds :)
So have you had fun with them John? got a favourite yet?
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Great news John! Take your time to unwrap all secrets of these gems!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:04 pm

SimonC wrote:thats very exciting :) I took a look, I can see the thumbnails but I cant make them bigger it says "this page does not exist"
Its great to finally see the new range in MSF (Mazza Standardised Format) - Cutting mat and venetian blinds :)
So have you had fun with them John? got a favourite yet?
They came in yesterday afternoon and I worked my ass off getting the information together as quickly as possible. Without the English instructions it was difficult. I got it all ready but the last step to change the page from Private to Public was missed. Duh. I am sorry for that. Please go check it out now, you will see a lot plus the answer to my favorite is there as well. They are all very good.

Simon thanks for the heads up. Guys and Gal if you see any other mistakes (even simple ones) please let me know via email.

Let's try this again.

The 2015 Tenyo Magic Tricks have landed on Planet Tenyo.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Wow you are superquick John....i will distribute this info and promoting again planet tenyo....sure many of tenyo fans would love to read the review in english. Great ....!!!! Thanks for all your hardwork.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Oh god, what's that in the distance? It's Hurley with more questions!

First off. Awesome job on getting the new tricks on PT. With a report on each of them to boot. Well done. And now I actually want all 4 tricks. My wallet will hate me

All right. Great Escape!:

1) The white covering, is it cloth? a film? is it durable and doesn't seem like it'll rip easily?

2) It is mentioned in Planet Tenyo that you need additional glass. Could plexiglass or lexan work just fine or is glass detrimental?

3) I'm looking at the Planet Tenyo page and it looks like the inner plate is about 3.5" by 2.5". If you were to make something 'escape' obviously it would need to be within those perameters, but is there a point to where the cloth won't cover it very well and then the trick would become 'angly''?
I say this because I'm looking at the Disney Infinity figures and I'm trying to figure out if I can make Elsa 'escape'. so far, I know that the figure is 3.5 inches tall, but the stand can be cut off and to be about maybe 3.25.

Sorry about the question barrage
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:56 pm

1. Elastic Cloth, I can see it getting dirty and not sure how it will hold up over time. Also the plastic part on the edge has fallen off so that might need to be glued.

2. Glass as in have a drink Brett, Simon and I will meet you at the virtual pub.

3. Yes if the item is too big that might be a problem. Too early to say for sure but I think you are correct.

I am going to do a test with the clear figure from Anti-Gravity rock so if that works you may be able to do the figure laying down.

All fair questions.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 am

JohnM wrote:1. Elastic Cloth, I can see it getting dirty and not sure how it will hold up over time. Also the plastic part on the edge has fallen off so that might need to be glued.

2. Glass as in have a drink Brett, Simon and I will meet you at the virtual pub.

3. Yes if the item is too big that might be a problem. Too early to say for sure but I think you are correct.

I am going to do a test with the clear figure from Anti-Gravity rock so if that works you may be able to do the figure laying down.

All fair questions.
I was thinking 'glass' as in a glass plate. Not drinking glass. I don't know how or why I got stuck on that idea. Massive doofus moment.

Can't wait to hear how the clear figure test goes
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:40 am

Clear Figure Test Completed:

Results = No good, too large horizontally.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:54 am

JohnM wrote:Clear Figure Test Completed:

Results = No good, too large horizontally.
ah geez, that stinks. How long is the figure?
Where's my colon?!

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:23 am

Thanks for the info John, love the upclose pictures of the new tricks!
now i know what to expect, cant say i like the sleight of hand tricks, but if you say they are doable, i will believe so

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:08 am

I think you're right John, Brett needs a trip to the pub :) it was very exciting to check the forum this morning and see the new banner pic up top with all four 2015s, looking swish :)
The discussion about the glass (drinking kind not window kind) and the clear figure got me thinking....
Using a glass is a good way to support the trick and catch the object, but you could put the whole thing into context by using....
A reusable ice cube!
There's all sorts you could do, use it as a finale to think a drink, if it's not too damaging use a real one and say the plate melts and refreezes the ice cube, filtering out impurities so you're mixing your guest the best possible drink. If you use a real one straight out of the freezer and quickly it may not leave any water behind, obviously a real one would be better.
I'm thirsty now, I'll meet you all in the goat and boot tonight, I'm sure if you leave now you'll make it. John, bring the 2015s with you mate ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:50 am

Ice cubes you say, how about one of these?
Moai Ice Tray.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:53 am

Shan wrote:Thanks for the info John, love the upclose pictures of the new tricks!
now i know what to expect, cant say i like the sleight of hand tricks, but if you say they are doable, i will believe so
They are not sleight of hand tricks but tricks where a sleight is required in the routine.

The most work is needed in The Alchemist and the second routine for Security Lock.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:54 am

Thanks for the article about the new tricks John - it was a pleasure to read :)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:09 am

Wow they all look great indeed John, thanks for the great pictures and your comments! Now I really want them all!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:44 pm

those idol cubes are sweet! I finally got a chance to sit at my laptop and have a proper look at the new 2015 range on planet tenyo, the info and pics are fantastic john thanks again. I particularly like the other ideas section, and your one about using security of magic as houdinis water chamber escape is brilliant, that would go nicely with your black hole presentation too. Cant wait to get my hands on the new range, im checking ebay uk every day.
viva planet tenyo!
Now you see me...

justme-Rick

Post by justme-Rick » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you John for the excellent job, your a lucky bugger to already get the new Tenyo for 2015, :mrgreen: I can't wait to get mine. Question..........it looks like the Butterflies are Yellow and Blue only, would it be possible to photocopy one of the butterflies, save to a Photoshop program recolor and print to a transparency sheet for different color butterflies???

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:14 pm

justme-Rick wrote:Thank you John for the excellent job, your a lucky bugger to already get the new Tenyo for 2015, :mrgreen: I can't wait to get mine. Question..........it looks like the Butterflies are Yellow and Blue only, would it be possible to photocopy one of the butterflies, save to a Photoshop program recolor and print to a transparency sheet for different color butterflies???
Probably not worth the trouble. You can put the blue and yellow together to get the green and the only out that is not covered is red.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:49 pm

can the pin be removed? If so, is it detrimental to the gimmick?

And those ice cubes seem like a great transition to Eye of the Idol
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:20 pm

It can work without the pin, but you would have to cut the pin to remove it.

The pin is metal which surprised me. Metal is much better than chromed plastic which is what I thought it was.